Starfleet Veteran
This is a weird one that has come up for me. I have found that despite still having roughly 20-30 characters left in a dialog boxes 1k, when I put in the [missioninfo] [/missioninfo] tages, I get a message in the sidebar saying text must me shorter. Adding the missioninfo takes the dialog up to about 980 characters so I am not sure what is going on unless its something with display area, or somehow counting the mission info but not?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-17-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castsbugc View Post
This is a weird one that has come up for me. I have found that despite still having roughly 20-30 characters left in a dialog boxes 1k, when I put in the [missioninfo] [/missioninfo] tages, I get a message in the sidebar saying text must me shorter. Adding the missioninfo takes the dialog up to about 980 characters so I am not sure what is going on unless its something with display area, or somehow counting the mission info but not?
The characters composing the tags do count toward your total text cost. But if you are getting a display in the upper right corner that says "980/1000" after adding the tags then you are certainly within the limits.

I would note that when editing a text box, the validation messages don't get updated until after you select another object in the editor. So if you went in to make changes after getting that message, it won't clear until after you have clicked on something else outside of that particular dialog.

EDIT: Also, be aware that adding MissionInfo costs you another 27 characters -- so if you have only 20 characters left, you won't be able to add the MissionInfo tags without removing something else.

Last edited by donperk; 10-17-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 3
10-17-2013, 03:13 PM
Under investigation.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
10-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donperk View Post
The characters composing the tags do count toward your total text cost. But if you are getting a display in the upper right corner that says "980/1000" after adding the tags then you are certainly within the limits.

I would note that when editing a text box, the validation messages don't get updated until after you select another object in the editor. So if you went in to make changes after getting that message, it won't clear until after you have clicked on something else outside of that particular dialog.

EDIT: Also, be aware that adding MissionInfo costs you another 27 characters -- so if you have only 20 characters left, you won't be able to add the MissionInfo tags without removing something else.
except that after adding [missioninfo][/missioninfo] it was saying the box was at 980/1000, I delete it out and it drops comparatively. At least I can apparently do what I need without closing the loop
Cryptic Studios Team
# 5
10-17-2013, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castsbugc View Post
except that after adding [missioninfo][/missioninfo] it was saying the box was at 980/1000, I delete it out and it drops comparatively. At least I can apparently do what I need without closing the loop
Can you get me your Mission ID and let me know which dialog is affected?