Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
01-30-2010, 12:04 PM
A post to be included in future guides. Good.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-30-2010, 01:49 PM
This thread saved my Betazoid Sci Officer's tail. Swear to deity.
I am not the best MMO player, and flying/fighting in space was about to make me defenestrate my computer, it was so aggravating. Then you explained the whole broadside thing...

NowI can do it. Still not the best at maneuvering, but I'm learning. Thank you so much, OP!
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdarga View Post
Good stuff.
I concur ...

One of the things that has helped me greatly is playing the old SFC games .. that kinda gave me a heads up on a couple of tatics that seemed to work well in STO.

BTW... I'm really lovin' this game !

I'm tellin' ya if Cryptic keeps this going the right direction .. they will HAVE a winner on their hands.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-30-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKlings
Don't worry about it Max, some people don't comprehend that others who play may not have English as a primary language. But those of us who are reasonable appreciate your effort. Especially because it must be frustrating to try to communicate in a "foreign" language. Thank you for your insights.
You got the point

Sometimes it is really hard to express yourself...feels like being somewhat hindered

But no problem, i think, you all understood the message and thats whats counting...

Much more important, hopefully many of the fresh ones got some good advices to prevent them walking into the same traps as many of us

But thx for your warm words
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weegee101 View Post

Deiner Englisch Sprachkenntnisse sind nicht schlecht für ein Nicht-Muttersprachler. Wahrscheinlich besser denn mein Deutsch! lol Falls du Hilfe wünschen mit dein Englisch Grammatik du kannst gerne fragen mich. Vielleicht du kannst Hilfe mich mit mein Deutsch?
Thats cool stuff

Sounds like my english

Thy m8
Lt. Commander
# 36 Thank You!
01-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Thanks so much for the information. Succinct and to the point. With just those 3 pieces of information you will greatly increase your success and enjoyment of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Good info.

Does anyone know how to target two enemies and fire? I heard it could be done, but have not seen how. I see the NPC ships do it.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMagic
Thats cool stuff

Sounds like my english

Thy m8
lol Danke, danke! Got to use it to master it, and unfortunately all I get to do much of is read German instead of speak in German.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John0901
Good info.

Does anyone know how to target two enemies and fire? I heard it could be done, but have not seen how. I see the NPC ships do it.
Yeah, its difficult and the only way I've done it is using autofire on my phasers. Start firing your autofire phasers on one target, target your second, fire your other weapons, then switch back to the original and re-engage autofire. If you can get this down to about 1 second to do everything, you're targeting two targets at once.

If anyone has a better way I'd love to hear it.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-31-2010, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John0901
Good info.

I cannot guarantee this, but I believe the BOFF skill of Fire At Will (Tactical) will accomplish this...
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-31-2010, 11:46 PM
Again...pls make this STICKY