Commander
# 1 New experience in MU event
11-04-2014, 05:40 AM
So this one annoyed me to no end and I had to share. I've had the gambit of good and bad PUGs sense the event went live. Had a couple where the station was disabled, reached level 2 and didn't get the dread in time. I've had a few runs now were we got every rift, got the station to level 5, took out the dread in the time limit with the station not taking a hit. I've done a run where two of the people parked behind arrays and activated those and did nothing else.

This one though, this one takes the cake. I just did a mission with 2 Miranda class ships!
Career Officer
# 2
11-04-2014, 05:43 AM
Was this on Normal or Advanced?
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Commander
# 3
11-04-2014, 06:00 AM
Normal. My experiences with Advanced have been... I can't say bad, bad just doesn't explain it. Easier to do normal, get my transponder and move on.
Career Officer
# 4
11-04-2014, 06:04 AM
Every day an adventure. Did an MU (Normal) last night and we did all the level one stuff with over four minutes left on the clock - so flew around in circles, setting fireworks off for a bit, until level two kicked in.

Did an FFA with two Mirandas (at least one with Retro Phasers), and the player in an Undine bioship insta-bailed; leaving the Mirandas, my Eclipse and some sleek Romulan ship vs the invading Romulans. We did fine and it was good fun. I certainly have more respect for the Miranda Captains than the person in a great ship who bailed (assuming that it wasn't because of a sudden emergency, DFS or whatever).

Dunno, some of the new scaling difficulty levels are mental, but for stuff like the above, you only really need two good ships, with captains who know what they're doing, to succeed. I feel like I'm soloing MU (N) most of the time anyway....
Captain
# 5
11-04-2014, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarium1979 View Post
So this one annoyed me to no end and I had to share. I've had the gambit of good and bad PUGs sense the event went live. Had a couple where the station was disabled, reached level 2 and didn't get the dread in time. I've had a few runs now were we got every rift, got the station to level 5, took out the dread in the time limit with the station not taking a hit. I've done a run where two of the people parked behind arrays and activated those and did nothing else.

This one though, this one takes the cake. I just did a mission with 2 Miranda class ships!
yeah, we have some people that like to troll.
1JJ = nerdrage generated by release of new J.J. Abrams Star Wars / Star Trek movie.
LOR? about .63JJs. DR feels higher. Somewhere around .68 or .69, spiking to a .8 whenever Neelix be mentioned.
Shatner-level= Overdramatic rage
Career Officer
# 6
11-04-2014, 07:00 AM
Yeah, I've had a few instances with one or two Mirandas in them. I think it's linked to the fact that I've started seeing gold sellers spamming on Q'onos and getting spam emails.
Captain
# 7
11-04-2014, 07:49 AM
I think the thing is like last time, most of the people playing it are after the item you need for the project (can't remember what it's called) and not bothered about marks, and since the performance doesn't effect whether you receive it or not it means people are more likely to afk or take in low lvl ships.

Tbh, the fact that that first ten min section can't be speed up, I would not blame anyone doing it on multiple toons for afking that section at least.
It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

And no repetitiveepic, I'm not sorry for any of my posts.
Career Officer
# 8
11-04-2014, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peetapipmac View Post
I think the thing is like last time, most of the people playing it are after the item you need for the project (can't remember what it's called) and not bothered about marks, and since the performance doesn't effect whether you receive it or not it means people are more likely to afk or take in low lvl ships.

Tbh, the fact that that first ten min section can't be speed up, I would not blame anyone doing it on multiple toons for afking that section at least.
I can understand afking it, even though I don't approve (and will report it when I see it) as others may want the marks. Why would you go to your lowest ship though? That doesn't make any sense, it's extra effort switching.
Captain
# 9
11-04-2014, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themartian View Post
Why would you go to your lowest ship though? That doesn't make any sense, it's extra effort switching.
Because it's a chance to have a bit of fun with it when there is no (significant) down side to doing so.

If I'm honest I would probably bring my mirranda if I still had it.
It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

And no repetitiveepic, I'm not sorry for any of my posts.
Captain
# 10
11-04-2014, 08:55 AM
I had a painful revelation last night midway thru my run on a second toon- it's the freeking station that keeps pushing the battleships out of range when I'm concentrating fire on them. The stations pulse seems to be ignoring the players when it firing it's pulse and knocking the MU ships away. Those cutscene interruptions are growing more irratating- not only are they saving MU ships when they run without warning, they sometimes cause my own death when they finish and more MU ships have appeared in the background.

I hate this freeking event, and the idiot who wrote the scenerio- if it wasn't for the 50K dilith reward I wouldn't even bother with it.

That borg disconnected mission is almost as bad- how many borg cubes can they silmutaniously spawn right on top of me ? I got instakilled by 3 in a normal run last night. 3 at exactly the same instant spawned in and ensured I couldn't move.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG

Last edited by lordmalak1; 11-04-2014 at 09:04 AM.