Career Officer
# 31 Patch Notes....
10-17-2013, 12:13 AM
Brain,

Are we being trolled?

Patch Notes:
Quote:
General:

Toreth the Epohh Researcher is back on New Romulus.
General server stability updates.
Maintenance Notice:
Quote:
We will be performing shard maintenance on October 17th from 5-11:00 AM PDT (1200-1800 UTC). Please check the forums for more information.
SIX HOURS for this?
Said NO to Arc. Gets punished by not being given a free outfit, free lobi, and free shuttle. Now forced to use Arc's site when trying to get to STO site. Still not rewards for beta testing the Arc website by force. Bravo Cryptic.

Last edited by lordlalo; 10-17-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Commander
# 32 I agree
10-17-2013, 12:17 AM
What the hell are they making more stable, are they fixing ANY of the major bugs in the game before they add more? At least get rid of the disappearing BOFFs when you go to sector space or battle queue. Man, I would give the world to actually get my Elite Maco Commander title I have already earned.
Republic Veteran
# 33
10-17-2013, 12:18 AM
6 hours for a single NPC and server instability upgrades. How about the cruiser commands promised us?
# 34
10-17-2013, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
6 hours for a single NPC and server instability upgrades. How about the cruiser commands promised us?
Erm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
The reason for the extended maintenance time frame is due to an infrastructure upgrade.
So... yeah.
*sigh*
Captain
# 35
10-17-2013, 12:41 AM
If you read the actual announcement, you'll see that they are also doing infrastructure upgrades.
A Gensokyoan Mech-piloting Starship Admiral Rodent.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
*nomnomnibblemunchgnawgnaw*
Career Officer
# 36
10-17-2013, 12:43 AM
4 hours for an extra server, more RAM, software updates and response tests...

Thats average time... You should know this OP...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Republic Veteran
# 37
10-17-2013, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
So... yeah.
*sigh*
If I had a zen for every time we were told we are getting server upgrades, and subtracted a zen for how many times I have suffered horrid rubberbanding and DCs in this game alone, I would probably owe the game a few ship 3-packs.

So... yeah.
*sigh*
# 38
10-17-2013, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
If you read the actual announcement, you'll see that they are also doing infrastructure upgrades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
4 hours for an extra server, more RAM, software updates and response tests...

Thats average time... You should know this OP...
I didn't see this announcement, where was it? This "routine maintenance" bit didn't seem to explain it well enough.
Said NO to Arc. Gets punished by not being given a free outfit, free lobi, and free shuttle. Now forced to use Arc's site when trying to get to STO site. Still not rewards for beta testing the Arc website by force. Bravo Cryptic.
Captain
# 39
10-17-2013, 12:52 AM
Wow everyone speculating and making things up about what happened to Toreth, she took a well deserved vacation to visit family and friends and get away from the dozens of people demanding that she deal with epohh tags all at once. She deserved her vacation and lets hope she is well rested and ready to deal with epohh tags.

OT: Just the 1 fix in the patch? no small minor bugfixes and ninja changes involved like every other patch? Or are the ninja changes awaiting the end of CCE and the next FE?

off topic suggestion but kinda on topic...

About Toreth and her vacation, popular NPC's like Toreth should be given shifts to make it feel more realistic. Have 3 different NPC's to do the same function but on an 8 hour schedule. 1 beams in and takes over, then the other beams out. 8 hours later same but a new NPC, and another 8 and Toreth returns.
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.
Career Officer
# 40
10-17-2013, 01:02 AM
... and of cause you are ignoring the fact that maint. is usually done BEFORE the announced time.

A little background reshearch gets you really far.. It's something that software developers are used to doing.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Closed Thread