Captain
Hey everybody,

I'm leveling a new Fed-Rom and right now i'm level 48 about to head into the vault. So i still have Spectres-Cardassian-Borg-Breen-Undine chapters i have to do. I'm trying to get some more Romulan boffs that have SRO, but i wanted to try getting them from quests or chapters before i go to the exchange.

Now i know that some of these missions reward unique boffs like the Jem'Hadar and Reman boff for completing Darkness Before the Dawn. BUT i wanted information on the random doffs that you get as you level. Either the ones that you get as a reward from a mission and you get to chose between an eng, tac and science. Or the one where Starfleet/KDF command calls you and just gives you a random boff with no real choice.

I have two other Romulan characters and both of them got lucky and got 2 SROs from quest rewards. So far this character has only gotten 1 SRO from random rewards. So i want to know if there are still plenty of chances for me to get SRO, or if they are tied to the new LoR mission/chapters or if the Spectre thru Undine chapters still have a chance to reward me Romulan boffs.

thanks!

Last edited by stonewbie; 11-11-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Captain
# 2
11-11-2013, 08:32 PM
You are given a choice of 3 free BOFFs when you level up to 15, 25, 35 and 45. I believe the first one is green, the next two are blue, and the last one is purple. You arent guaranteed a superior operative but its pretty frequent.

The named BOFFs that join your crew during the story are one-time things for those missions, and you will not be given BOFFs for those missions again
Captain
# 3
11-11-2013, 08:47 PM
Some boff rewards are tied to missions too though arent they? I know the Jem'Hadar and Reman after talking to Obisek and the last named Romulan after invading the elachi base in their universe, but anything else from missions other then those?
Captain
# 4
11-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonewbie View Post
Some boff rewards are tied to missions too though arent they? I know the Jem'Hadar and Reman after talking to Obisek and the last named Romulan after invading the elachi base in their universe, but anything else from missions other then those?
No, those are special rewards for running those missions during Featured Episode Rerun times, limit one at a time, bind on pickup. There are no story missions that reward SRO. You either get it from your level-ups, or the very rare doff mission that shows up time to time. There's a reason they cost millions each.
Captain
# 5
11-12-2013, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
No, those are special rewards for running those missions during Featured Episode Rerun times, limit one at a time, bind on pickup. There are no story missions that reward SRO. You either get it from your level-ups, or the very rare doff mission that shows up time to time. There's a reason they cost millions each.
Yah i know that they are hard to come by that's why i was trying to find every possible place that i could find them outside of the exchange. And i also know that rarity dictates price, unless the person selling that rare item has no idea what the value of it is. I mention that second part because i got really lucky about 2-3 weeks ago and found an SRO Sci or Eng for about 40k.

I only actually found out about the importance of SRO maybe 3-4 weeks ago. I have an older character from about a month or so ago that i wasnt playing anymore that had 1 or 2 SRO just sitting in her candidates list. But i mailed those to one of my newer characters who i was building up. But now i am rolling yet another Romulan and so far i've only been able to get 1 while leveling.
Captain
# 6
11-12-2013, 12:47 AM
There's always boffs with standard Operative instead of Superior. Yeah you lose a total ~2% off your crit chance by using standards, but you can equip your entire ship for less than the cost of a single Superior.
Captain
# 7
11-12-2013, 06:22 AM
Most of the rom/rem boffs outside of mission rewards is done thru doff missions in the romulan space territories.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Captain
# 8
11-12-2013, 06:28 AM
The BOFF DOFF assignment is extremely rare. I have only seen it once since LoR was released and I'm a steady DOFFer.
Rihannsu
# 9
11-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonewbie View Post
actually... the Jem'Hadar is always available for playing Fac 4028. It's NOT tied to episode replay.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.