Lt. Commander
# 31
01-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Dear Development Team,

I love what you did with the auto fire and keep em disabled. And people! if your space bar is broken, assign a different key! You have a whole keyboard to break before buying a new one.:p

People of all races and faces, if you really want auto fire you might as well ask for auto play! The Dev Team will get your money and play the game for you!

Go back to wow and do your auto-fire/auto-attack.

-peace out
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
eps flow....
someone didn't read the whole post
better luck next time.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Auto fire is for noobs!
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinroh89 View Post
Dear Development Team,

And people! if your space bar is broken, assign a different key!

...if you really want auto fire you might as well ask for auto play!

I'm pretty sure allowing selected weapons (of any number) isn't quite the same as:
1.) Controlling your ship, having to perform maneuvers and get an enemy into a firing arc
2.) Activating skills (the real meat of combat)
3.) Power Management
4.) Shield Management

Yes, b/c telling multiple weapons to fire automatically does all of that for me.

Out of curiousity, if you DON'T want auto fire, wouldn't you just not turn it on?

If I want auto fire, why can I not just turn it on? Oh, b/c I don't have the option. Options == good.

Explain how auto attack in this game is any different than *ANY OTHER MMO IN THE WORLD* that has auto attack. Don't see people screaming to turn that off....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorbrand View Post
Auto fire is for noobs!
Slamming the space bar is for noobs!

See what I did there?
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-30-2010, 02:24 PM
I vote NO for easy-mode.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-30-2010, 02:27 PM
/SIgn the Bring back ground Auto-Fire Petition...

Agree or disagree let your voice be heard!!

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=89309
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by learpilot View Post
I vote NO, to full auto fire. you need to keep some skill left in the game.
button mashing isn't related to skill in any way. Skill is something related to training your own senses..like reflexes...something like Counterstrike would be considered in need of skills...to get better at aiming...being faster...outsmarting your oponent and having the better strategy.

MMO's aren't something where i would talk about skills. You need a bit of brain to use the right strategy but other than this it's just mashing the right buttons...something i wouldn't call skill. putting some on autofire like anyone wants won't change anything and is surely not related to skill...it just makes things easier you would have done anyway but not killing your keyboard in the long run.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-30-2010, 02:47 PM
I want a BIG RED BUTTON... si i can click on it, and have auto fire, auto drive, and auto shield managment.
So i will just have to look at my screen.

Stupid kids....
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-30-2010, 02:49 PM
+1 for auto-fire.

If you really think that auto-fire is for noobs then let the noobs have the option to use it. The reason people want auto-fire is because the cooldown on beams is so quick, you have to press the key a *lot* and don't get time to manouver the ship. I had 3 beams on my ship for a while but I just couldn't manouver in combat OR one of my beams was quiet while I positioned myself.

Besides, even if it was enabled for all weapons, it would be pretty dumb to have it turned on for torps and anyone with tactics and skill will know this. So what if someone with low skill decides to have all-auto on, more fool them. But realistically it's a game killer for having more than 2 fast RoF weps.

As for engine limitations? I doubt it.

*Edit: Would be stupid to have auto-fire on mines for that matter... ^_^
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-30-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stongbad
I vote NO for easy-mode.
There is nothing hard, or difficult, or skillful about mashing the space bar over and over. This is not Contra on an NES.

I vote NO against trolls.