Lt. Commander
# 51
01-30-2010, 04:15 PM
yes please. there's no extra skill involved in having to press the space bar every cooldown. or at least allow auto fire to only work on the same class of beam weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dushku
We still need full autofire dev's, my keyboard will die!! why o why do you ignore us??
how about you put the AI playing the game for you, so you dont stress your fingers. or need to coordinate or plan or even think.

o wait, you want that.
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-30-2010, 04:19 PM
I don't understand the issue completely

Space Combat

Right click each weapon and wallah, auto-firing

Note: You have to choose between Canon / Phaser / Disrupters, Protons or Mines and have to do and initial attack, but auto-firing in space works fine

Note: click space bar to fire all Canon/ Phaser / Disrupters and click control + space bar to fire protons or mines.

So for space, to me its not an issue.

Ground Combat

The auto-firing like space doesn't seem to work. But that's okay, because its not hard to tab and then click or type the number associated with the attack.

So, with that being said.

I can't sign or no sign due to the fact that everything doesn't really seem all that bad.
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-30-2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by learpilot View Post
I vote NO, to full auto fire. you need to keep some skill left in the game.
/facepalm

If you really believe firing every single weapon your ship has as rapidly as possible is the key to victory, you're doing it wrong.

On the other hand, sensible ship builds will have a core of primary energy weapons that have no purpose but to be fired as frequently as possible. Not providing the ability to set the entirety of that core to autofire just promotes RMI and leads to people shortcutting with Fire All... which is part of what leads to cries to nerf already-toothless NPCs.
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-30-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post
how about you put the AI playing the game for you, so you dont stress your fingers. or need to coordinate or plan or even think.

o wait, you want that.
Yeah, because all we do in space is fire weapons, so setting them to autofire will automate 100% of the game... Sure, we do not have to worry about shield facings, positioning, distances, firing arcs, BOs abilities, captain abilities, shield strengths, cooldowns, enemy positions, enemy shield strenght, if we are hitting the correct enemy shield, if he's turning on me to bring his front weapons to bear, if I'm being surrounded... Yeah, you are right... As soon as autofire is enabled, we do not have to worry about any of those things, not at all.

Without autofire, all it does is add having to mash a button on top of all the other things we need to keep an eye on. Does it add to the game? the button mashing? not really. And again, for the 10000th time, autofire is optional. If you do not like it, don't use it! simple eh?
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DidymusFox
I don't understand the issue completely

Space Combat

Right click each weapon and wallah, auto-firing

Note: You have to choose between Canon / Phaser / Disrupters, Protons or Mines and have to do and initial attack, but auto-firing in space works fine

Note: click space bar to fire all Canon/ Phaser / Disrupters and click control + space bar to fire protons or mines.

So for space, to me its not an issue.

Ground Combat

The auto-firing like space doesn't seem to work. But that's okay, because its not hard to tab and then click or type the number associated with the attack.

So, with that being said.

I can't sign or no sign due to the fact that everything doesn't really seem all that bad.
Ehem... er... I think you are missing the tiny fact that only 1 front and 1 rear weapon can be set to autofire. Regardless of the amount or type of weapons equipped. If you have 8 weapons, still only 1 front and 1 back. That is the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-30-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raximillian
Yeah, because all we do in space is fire weapons, so setting them to autofire will automate 100% of the game... Sure, we do not have to worry about shield facings, positioning, distances, firing arcs, BOs abilities, captain abilities, shield strengths, cooldowns, enemy positions, enemy shield strenght, if we are hitting the correct enemy shield, if he's turning on me to bring his front weapons to bear, if I'm being surrounded... Yeah, you are right... As soon as autofire is enabled, we do not have to worry about any of those things, not at all.

Without autofire, all it does is add having to mash a button on top of all the other things we need to keep an eye on. Does it add to the game? the button mashing? not really. And again, for the 10000th time, autofire is optional. If you do not like it, don't use it! simple eh?
QFT, also Weapon energy reserve .
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-30-2010, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post

o wait, you want that.
oh really? he does? i must have missed that part of his request. i still fail to see why allowing options for some improved kind of auto-fire is so distressing and feared by so many.

on the one hand you have posts by people with sigs that make one think they are pvp enthusiasts, so perhaps they are afraid that auto-fire on a noob will beat their skills? no, someone already mentioned that someone auto-firing everything will tend to run out of energy and hit like a slap from a cooked pasta noodle.

so exactly what part is a threat to the people who are so vehement about keeping it out of the game? would they be forced to use it and unable to have the level of control they so love? probably not.

it just surprises me how rude and nasty, and immature all the arguments become.

why not just aim for a level of options that allows the most people to enjoy the game?

use the options you want and ignore those you don't.

of course any for of automation would have to be balanced so as to not be overpowered, perhaps slightly slower than normal human reaction times.
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-30-2010, 04:42 PM
Can I autofire my shields to auto transfer energy then so I can get rid of this carpel tunnel ?
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-30-2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahlsa
Can I autofire my shields to auto transfer energy then so I can get rid of this carpel tunnel ?
Managing shields != auto attack

Managing your shields == apples
Auto FIre (which equates to auto space bar by the way) == oranges

See what you did there? You just compared apples to oranges.

Why is it that you people who claim to want weapon firing to be skillful not spam repeatedly to remove the spacebar option to fire all beams and the ctrl + spacebar to fire all torps ? I mean, we are talking the same thing.

Who cares if it is my constantly smashing finger firing them all or some generated script doing it? The end result is the same = weapons firing constantly as long as target is in the arc.

Why do people have such a hard time comprehending this? The ability already exists b/c of the spacebar !