Lt. Commander
Captain's Log, Stardate 45854.2

My name is Alexander Lucius Cross, Captain of the U.S.S. Vindicator. I have just been given command of the 1st Fist of Light; a newly created covert fleet answerable only to the office of the Federation President. There are those within Starfleet that feel various political factions of the Federation hierarchy have dulled Starfleet's senses, leaving the Federation vulnerable to attack. With the dissolution of the Borg Task Force, and now the threat of war from the Klingon Empire, it is believed that Federation security is at risk now more than ever. Our mission is simple; root out and destroy any and all threats to the United Federation of Planets. When diplomacy fails, we do not. I can still remember when I was a cadet at the academy and I had first heard the rumors about the formation of a secret fleet with a military agenda. I thought it was all just some wild story created by my fellow cadets who had stars in their eyes. I had no idea it was true, let alone that I would end up leading it. I've been told by Starfleet Command that if our fleet is ever compromised in any way that they will disavow any knowledge of our existence as a military operation. We're on our own.

End Log

Out of Character Information

1st Fist of Light is an RP Guild formed in February of 2000 while playing EverQuest. We've traveled together as a group going from game to game together. We're a mature organized group that puts our fellowship with one another first before all else. We approach every role playing game in the vein of table top role playing games such as Dungeons & Dragons and the like. We are also definitely not RP Nazi's and enjoy making new friends and playing the game as RP'ers. As a guild in games we have been known to do pretty much everything, from raiding, to PvP, crafting, you name it. We don't force any play style upon anyone. The only thing we ask is that people RP and that they join the guild because they want to be apart of something special. We are very much a family as well and always strive to help and take care of each other as best we can. We've even had a number of offline get togethers over the years.

The Grim Legion, Klingon Fleet for Alternate Characters

Abandoned, forsaken, their honor in question... the Grim Legion was cast out, exiled from amongst the great houses of the Klingon Empire. They were brutal and savage beyond reason, even by Klingon standards. Some regaled them as great heroes in the wake of Kahless while others feared their ferocity. In their eyes the alliance with Starfleet made the Empire soft, complacent, and weak. Where was the Empire that had risen up out of the spilled blood of their own gods? Where was the Empire that had been founded by the blood and sword? Secretly... quietly... the Grim Legion plotted with a vengeful lust in their hearts.

When the conflict with the Undine and the Gorn arose, they began their machinations. They worked as puppet masters with those who would turn a sympathetic ear from amongst the High Council. In the shadows they moved, continuing their works of subterfuge, until finally their coveted prize was in sight. Freedom from the yoke of oppression at the hands of Federation dogs!

On the day when the alliance with the United Federation of Planets was no more, their was a terrible thunder as the skies darkened over Qo'noS. Hushed murmurs and whispers uttered from within the chambers of the High Council, for the hour was later than they knew; the Grim Legion had returned. By force they took their rightful place as the vanguard of the Klingon Empire. Whole worlds would fall before their might. None would oppose them. They would crush the Federation dogs and their allies; none would be spared. No enemy was too great for the teachings of Kahless were restored once more. The Klingon Empire would be made whole, and they would watch the galaxy burn!

We also have a vent server set up for those that wish to use it but it is by no means a requirement to joining the guild/fleet. We put it up as a bonus. If you're interested please visit our website at http://www.1stfistoflight.com and review our charter found stickied globally throughout the forums. We don't have many rules. Simply put we ask people to stay in character as much as is reasonably allowed and we ask that everyone show respect towards all members of the guild and anyone else we might run into along the way in our adventures. If you have any questions please feel free to ask them here, on our website forums, or in game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Captain’s Log – Supplemental.

As if I didn’t have enough on my plate with the recent skirmishes with the Gorn Scavengers, now I have this cryptic communiqué from Captain Alex Cross. We roomed together at the Academy, and he’s always been secretive, but never like this. I hope he’s not going to get us in over our heads again like the time he went out of his way to irritate that Zaldan. I trust him with my life, and to make sound decisions, but somehow he seemed different this time. I’ve explained to my senior staff the content of the message, and we’ve set a course for the rendezvous point. Most of my staff had heard of Captain Cross, and his mission history that’s available for consumption. Again, I trust Alex like a brother, but I can’t help but feel uneasy.

- Captain Sean P. Doyle, U.S.S. Viking

END OF LOG
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 03:04 AM
I might been made of metal and wires, but I got dreams on my own.

Nobody can take those dreams Away from me!

I have awaken.

Borg Arska.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Acting Captains personal log,

Saying it sounds wrong. "Acting Captain". I had respect for my captain, he earnt it from me, from the rest of the crew. I've not earned this possision or the crews respect, I don't even know this crew, I'm only here because I was denied transfer to The Liberty and I made my displeasure known to the other crew men, how the hell am I going to earn their respect now? And it's now more than ever that I need it with the Borg on one side, Klingons on the other. The galaxy's faling to pieces. everything the Federation stood for...What it faught for is on the brink of chaos with a few good men stood between anarchy and order. Well as my previous Captain would say "It's time to knuckle under and push out", The men and women on this ship need me, they're so inexperienced, barely out of the Acadamy, what am I saying? I'm only out by 14 months. this is my second possision on a Starship. I'm a science officer, not a captain. "knuckle under...". Right. The Atlantis and her crew are mine now, If we're going to do what the Federation has asked of us I best change my attitude, loose the doubts for my crew's sake as well as my own. my first real shift starts in 45 minutes, a quick walk around the ship, get to know my senior officers, rally their support. it's a start.

-Acting captain Lee A. Ford, U.S.S Atlantis.

END LOG

Out of Character

Hi, Been a few years since I've RP'd, last game was City of Heroes. My history on Star Trek is off a little, Been catching up on it since Open Beta started so if I do something wrong canon wise let me know. Same for the actual role playing, It's like I'm learning this all over again.

Also, I'm in the UK, are you country based or open to a world community?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 11:38 AM
Supplemental entry:

As recently as just a few days ago I was a young cadet at the academy. I'm sure everyone is aware of the recent activities that have sent the fleet once more into space. As young as we are, we shall gain experience. We will find new ways, new friends, and new enemies. We will not reach out with cautious hands of grace, but go boldly with pride and confidence that our training has given us the start we need. We will open new trades, create new technologies, give way to the old ways and welcome the new. We are FIST!

Tredo H Underhill
Science Officer
FIST FLEET
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIDE View Post
Acting Captains personal log,

Saying it sounds wrong. "Acting Captain". I had respect for my captain, he earnt it from me, from the rest of the crew. I've not earned this possision or the crews respect, I don't even know this crew, I'm only here because I was denied transfer to The Liberty and I made my displeasure known to the other crew men, how the hell am I going to earn their respect now? And it's now more than ever that I need it with the Borg on one side, Klingons on the other. The galaxy's faling to pieces. everything the Federation stood for...What it faught for is on the brink of chaos with a few good men stood between anarchy and order. Well as my previous Captain would say "It's time to knuckle under and push out", The men and women on this ship need me, they're so inexperienced, barely out of the Acadamy, what am I saying? I'm only out by 14 months. this is my second possision on a Starship. I'm a science officer, not a captain. "knuckle under...". Right. The Atlantis and her crew are mine now, If we're going to do what the Federation has asked of us I best change my attitude, loose the doubts for my crew's sake as well as my own. my first real shift starts in 45 minutes, a quick walk around the ship, get to know my senior officers, rally their support. it's a start.

-Acting captain Lee A. Ford, U.S.S Atlantis.

END LOG

Out of Character

Hi, Been a few years since I've RP'd, last game was City of Heroes. My history on Star Trek is off a little, Been catching up on it since Open Beta started so if I do something wrong canon wise let me know. Same for the actual role playing, It's like I'm learning this all over again.

Also, I'm in the UK, are you country based or open to a world community?

Sorry I did not see this sooner. We aren't country based at all. We have some members in the Fist actually that are from Australia, and have had some in other parts of the world over the years. So we don't discriminate at all by any means I'll keep an eye peeled for you in game! You sound like you would fit right in. Have you been to the site yet and checked out our charter? Do you have any questions for me?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 01:51 AM
Personal log Ensign Drax
--------------------------------

With the stability of the Alpha quadrant balancing on the edge of a knife; Now more than ever is a time for unity. Peace with the Klingons being a thing of the past, the Borg making advances on Federation space, and Undine infiltrating every level of government now more than ever we must stand together.
I still recall the nightmarish battle that, through some twist of fate, ended with me in command of the USS Rutherford. It was shortly thereafter I was contacted by the commander of the 1st Fist of Light. They understand what must be done in the coming years. I know deep down that with them I will reach my full potential and become a better officer for it.

End log.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2010, 06:05 AM
Incoming Transmission

Tonight 2/7/10 at 6pm Est Time, we'll be gathering at Quark's Bar for anyone interested in meeting the Fleet. Anyone that has any questions can feel free to ask them and of course you'll get to meet some of us tonight.

Drinks are on the 1st Fist of Light!