Ensign
So today I finally ran into the problem many people have been speaking about in regard to Ship Loadouts going nuts every time you zoned. it was replacing weapons and gear, leaving slots open, and messing with my Bridge officers.

I did three things and the problem hasn't happened again and I'd like to see if it fixes things for anyone else having the issue?

1) set my ship up the way I wanted it.

2) Clicked on the "Pen" icon beside the name of the Loadout and renamed the loadout by simply adding a 1 at the end.

3) Saved the Load out to the slot I just renamed.

Anyone else having this issue could you please leave feedback if this works for you?
Career Officer
# 2
11-04-2014, 06:01 PM
With all due respect, all these alleged 'fixes' posted over the last few weeks don't really work.

'Refreshing' your loadouts (renaming, reseating, switching, saving, etc.) seems to have *some* effect, but usually only temporarily, or not at all.

Loadouts are simply broken, on a far more fundamental level than just changing a label can fix.
Career Officer
# 3
11-04-2014, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
With all due respect, all these alleged 'fixes' posted over the last few weeks don't really work.

'Refreshing' your loadouts (renaming, reseating, switching, saving, etc.) seems to have *some* effect, but usually only temporarily, or not at all.

Loadouts are simply broken, on a far more fundamental level than just changing a label can fix.
And are hopefully going to get somewhat better with this weeks HOLO patch...
(see TRIBBLE PATCH NOTES for this evening under SYSTEMS)

DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.

Last edited by daveyny; 11-04-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Lieutenant
# 4
11-04-2014, 06:06 PM
I like the idea behind loadouts, but are they truly necessary? I mean, how often are people switching up their gear/boffs/etc. to do content? I think it's fairly well known that most people have one loadout they prefer above all others.
Career Officer
# 5
11-04-2014, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgbamf00 View Post
I like the idea behind loadouts, but are they truly necessary? I mean, how often are people switching up their gear/boffs/etc. to do content? I think it's fairly well known that most people have one loadout they prefer above all others.
I switch-out depending one the NPC I'm going up against.
What works best against the Voth, doesn't necessarily work as well against the BORG.

DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
Lieutenant
# 6
11-04-2014, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
I switch-out depending one the NPC I'm going up against.
What works best against the Voth, doesn't necessarily work as well against the BORG.

True, but how frequently are you switching between enemies/instances? Meaning, do you fight Voth one minute, and then literally the next minute you are fighting Borg? If you do, then yeah, loadouts would be very important to you.

I would rather have the pre-loadout system where it always worked and take the extra minute or so to change things up if I'm fighting different enemies. Getting hit with this bug semi-randomly is more of a stress, imo, than taking the extra bit of time.
Career Officer
# 7
11-04-2014, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
And are hopefully going to get somewhat better with this weeks HOLO patch...
(see TRIBBLE PATCH NOTES for this evening under SYSTEMS)

Being cautiously optimistic here; but this is good.

"Resolved an issue where items saved to a loadout would occasionally remove itself from its slot when transferring to another map."

Maybe that'll take care of my batteries that keep unslotting (or be slotted elsewhere).