Captain
# 1 A thank you to the Devs
11-04-2014, 03:12 PM
I just want to say thank you to the Devs for the recent communication with the playerbase.

Ever since DR hit, I've been in "Bunker" mode, hunkering down and waiting out the usual firestorm that seems to come with every major update. I've seen people rage over an update, but it always worked out over time. I had never seen it get so bad however, and for a while I was woried. Got even more worried after things seemed to go nuclear.

Over the last couple days, seeing Devs post about the things we've been concerned about and keeping us in the loop, as well as asking for feedback to fine tune things, is a welcome sight, and things seem to be looking up again. I can't speak for the rest of the playerbase, but for myself... Thank you for trying to work with everyone. I understand things can get rough, but good things are never easy.

And to our elected Forum Overlord Tacofangs... looking forward to seeing more of your work man!
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Rose
And then I sneezed. And then I exploded.
Career Officer
# 2
11-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Agreed. i think now is the time to begin moving forward with cautious optimism. I do genuinely hope that this is the start of a better and more productive level of communication with the devs though.

I am worried that this may simply be a calm between storms though. but let's hope that just for once, my inner cynic is wrong
Career Officer
# 3
11-04-2014, 03:23 PM
I agree. I've been very vocal about my displeasure on how Crytpic took DR live in the poor condition it was in, while ignoring the feedback that we provided on Tribble that would have saved this entire situation from happening, then after it actually happened the devs decided to simply be quite about it all while making what seemed to be arbitrary changes that had little or no impact on the problems at large.

Now I must admit I'm still not happy with how they ignored us almost completly on Tribble, but now at least I do totally appreciate the communication were getting from the devs. Mind you I don't like or agree with all the "fixes" but now at least I understand them a bit more then I previously did, and for that I appreciate it.

Now if they just actually, oh I don't know, make Tribble into an actual test server and do all these fixes before launch, it would be so much easier on everyone.
Captain
# 4
11-04-2014, 03:25 PM
Agreed that while I have come back in some of those threads with tough questions, being able to actually air them and think that they may be listened to is a step up. I would like to see evidence that this will be a sustained pattern and that once the current balance is adjusted *with* player input, that the Tribble/QA process will be addressed next to avoid future firestorms.

Once I start seeing a pattern over time that improves over what we've had in the past, then my confidence will be rebuilt.

All we need to do...is keep...talking.

(Extra points to anyone who gets that reference. Even more to any dev who can beat the players to naming the reference. )

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)

Proudly F2P. Sig by gulberat. Avatar by balsavor.deviantart.com
Career Officer
# 5
11-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Could this possibly be a new dawn in STO's cantankerous DEV vs Players history...

I for one hope this is just the start of a much more meaningful 'back & forth' that quells some of the rage that has building for several weeks now.

......... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
.......................SARCASM... Just Another Service I Offer...
Captain
# 6
11-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Plus 1.

I started this 8 minutes ago...
VPvP. T5U PvP. Normal PvP. Because PvE just needs mastering this lot.
T'Rebek, Nalcari, Karina, Volana, Kilaitia, K'Ahlayr, Ririatss.
Captain
# 7
11-04-2014, 03:33 PM
I agree... despite my gripes about how they are handling DR, my largest complaint has been the lack of communicaiton. I am glad to see this looking to change and hope it is the beginning of a trend, not just a band-aid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratonhaggedon View Post
YOU LIT THE MATCH, YOU ARE PATIENT ZERO, YOU FORCED US INTO HELL A.K.A. DELTA QUADRANT!
Career Officer
# 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
All we need to do...is make sure we keep...talking.
That's my hint to the extra points... which would have been quicker but for the 300 second delay. (also sorry for derailing the thread)
Captain
# 9
In the famous words of Commander Susan Ivanova...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Ivanova
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Rose
And then I sneezed. And then I exploded.
Career Officer
# 10
11-04-2014, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
Agreed that while I have come back in some of those threads with tough questions, being able to actually air them and think that they may be listened to is a step up. I would like to see evidence that this will be a sustained pattern and that once the current balance is adjusted *with* player input, that the Tribble/QA process will be addressed next to avoid future firestorms.

Once I start seeing a pattern over time that improves over what we've had in the past, then my confidence will be rebuilt.

All we need to do...is keep...talking.

(Extra points to anyone who gets that reference. Even more to any dev who can beat the players to naming the reference. )

Are you quoting Hawking or Pink Floyd?
......... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
.......................SARCASM... Just Another Service I Offer...

Last edited by daveyny; 11-04-2014 at 03:38 PM.