Lt. Commander
# 1 Wheres my borg
01-29-2010, 10:10 AM
I was a little surprised to depart with 150 pounds for a lifetime sub and not find an option to create a borg char when i logged in, where is it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Not complaining about the cash amount, but i would like to see the option to roll my Borg character please.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 10:15 AM
Yeah me too i was told that because the Lifetime Sub is active to my account it does not need a key to access...i dont have access to my Joined Trill but im okay with that so long as i can play my liberated borg, WTF is the point of starting up if i dont have either of these special race choices that i have paid for....Cryptic this is the first time i have felt a little let down since i began the whole process of waiting for the game and ten playing open beta. Im pretty sure Stormshade confirmed that we would have access to our liberated borg.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 12:45 PM
OK thanks for the Dev post but as mentioned in the following 8 pages+ of replies you guys have really dropped the ball on this one.

I am willing to deal with bugs a plenty in the game.. i have beta'd and played almost every MMO out there .. (yes I like mmo's.. get over it).. that is not an issue. But never before have I been unable to make the character or class that I wanted to stick with throughout the entire game on launch.. there is no point to a "headstart" if you are not going to be using the character you are going to be running with for quite some time.. that's not a "head start" that's more "beta testing" imo.. or just merely messing around with new classes

You need to fix this.. and I mean stick this on top of your "things to do list".. and not just borg .. the joined trill and other pre-order codes as well.. the whole thing was handled just terribly.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Settle down they said they are working on it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 12:48 PM
The load of everyone redeeming their borg characters all at once was enough to grind the servers to a halt. We took it down for now so people can at least play. We will have the offer back ASAP once we optimize things a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
The load of everyone redeeming their borg characters all at once was enough to grind the servers to a halt. We took it down for now so people can at least play. We will have the offer back ASAP once we optimize things a bit.
this isn't acceptable to me.....

I paid a life time sub for the borg character..... I hope that you fix this soon because I feel like since we already paid for the services we are being put on the back burner for the people who are yet to pay.....
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2010, 12:51 PM
I appreciate that it's a big issue and I'm happy with the developer response, I'm just curious if it's more of a later today issue, or a wait until tomorrow issue? I'm okay with waiting, but unless I hear otherwise I know I'll be logging in and taking up space all night!

Thanks very much
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Yeah No ****, I pay $240 and they cant even get the liberated borg working for headstart. If they dont get it working today I'm puuting to get my money back. This is rediculous. It would be different if it was a small amount for a charecter, like say ~$10-$15. But how many people did they bilk out of $240 that they couldnt have assigned people to MAKE SURE IT WORKED AT LAUNCH OF HEADSTART. Call Blizzard if you need programmers that fix things.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
THIS IS COMPLETE ********. WE PAID MORE FOR OUR SUBSCRIPTION BUT YET THEY GET TO PLAY? UNACCEPTABLE BORDERLINE BREACH OF CONTRACT. FIX IT. NOW.