Lt. Commander
# 51
01-31-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivikkii View Post
We (the players of ATS TrekMUSH) have a fleet of our own here in STO. Rather than trying to find RP Fleets and join them, it's just been easier for us role-players to form a fleet out of an existing role-player playerbase.

I think Cryptic once remarked, in an interview somewhere, that fan-created online Star Trek role-playing games (MUSHes, MUSEs, MOOs, etc) still had a definite purpose, now that STO is arriving... that purpose being to facilitate role-play. In game...? I'm not sure I'd care to bother, particularly with all the instancing and people who like to grief role-players.

If any of you are interested in trying one of the many RP-based online Star Trek games out there, (or just want to hook up with our growing Fleet of roleplayers), I would encourage you to try it.

This one is around 18 years old, and does have a fully functional team-oriented space combat system and economy: http://www.trekmush.org

If not? Well, good luck. It willl be interesting to see how role-play based Fleets endure STO's primary generation of gamers. Hopefully there are enough of the old guard vested in trying, to make it work.

Our guild/fleet, 1st Fist of Light has been around for 10 years (as of February) so I don't think it will really be that much of a problem. Guilds/fleets are in my opinion are a three fold beast. One being leadership, two being core members, and three a mission statement/purpose. If you have that, I think the rest is gravy. The fact we have all those keeps us running over all this time. Although to be honest, I think it's our bonds of friendship to one another that surpasses the actual games we all play as a group that has kept us together so long. I wouldn't trade my guild/fleet mates for anything in this world. Some of us have even been there for each other to help out in some really bad real life situations too. While I may be the leader of the Fist, I consider myself lucky because of the people we have in it. If you can find that, it's priceless.
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-31-2010, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prrah-Khet
Are we allowed to join multiple fleets in game?
Yes but you have to make a brand new character and join a fleet with that character. Alot of people make guilds/fleets on a whim in games without stopping to consider the responsibilities of leadership. Just as many people join guilds/fleets on a whim without really trying to find out what they are getting into in the first place. My advice would be to spend some time talking with at least the leader and find out who/what they are about first. There isn't anything wrong with taking your time to find a place to call home that would really make you happy and add to your experience in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal_Valor View Post
Yes but you have to make a brand new character and join a fleet with that character. Alot of people make guilds/fleets on a whim in games without stopping to consider the responsibilities of leadership. Just as many people join guilds/fleets on a whim without really trying to find out what they are getting into in the first place. My advice would be to spend some time talking with at least the leader and find out who/what they are about first. There isn't anything wrong with taking your time to find a place to call home that would really make you happy and add to your experience in the game.
Ayup. I agree, obviously.
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Yay for STO roleplayers! So far I haven't been able to throw and tribble and not bean several roleplayers on the head so that's a good thing. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Rp community flourishes here... as a lifelong Trek fan, this is a dream come true!
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-01-2010, 04:11 PM
I RP quite a lot. Many people (especially Klingon side, oddly enough...) don't seem to get that I am playing in character and think that I am really meaning what I am saying at them from a real world perspective. It can be really humorous! lol
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-01-2010, 04:15 PM
I am glad there are some RPers out there. I am not as "hardcore" as some of you may be, but I do try to at least make a character that somehow "fits" into the world they inhabit. Although, given the nature of how STO is designed, it can be difficult as there are far too many people who don't take it very seriously (I don't know how many times I have just had to sigh to myself as I see things like people making aliens as tall as the creator will let them or naming their ships things like U.S.S. Inner Thighs...at least in that case the captain of the ship was called Six of Nine).
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Hey RPers! Click my name and friend me up, I'm definitely down for some casual to medium RP. Are there any meeting spots or channels where we gather regularly?
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-01-2010, 05:06 PM
I just joined Epsilon Deep Space Exploratory Fleet, its a pretty heavy rp fleet, but we've just closed recruiting right now.

If you fancy taking a look around the forums though theres a link on my signiture.

Lt. Commander
# 59
02-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Just thought I would point this out for all the RP'ers out there.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...50#post1883450
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunglerm00se View Post
Yay for STO roleplayers! So far I haven't been able to throw and tribble and not bean several roleplayers on the head so that's a good thing. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Rp community flourishes here... as a lifelong Trek fan, this is a dream come true!

Join channel Roleplayers

Soo far has been a lotta fun,, people have been very nice.. pleasent.. fun to team with.
Closed Thread