Lt. Commander
# 1 Red Squadron
01-29-2010, 10:12 AM
Welcome to Red Squadron’s Official Recruitment Thread. In Nov. of 2008 Red Squadron was formed as a Federation fleet for the STO universe. We are pledged to operate within the letter and spirit of Starfleet Directives and Regulations. We welcome all who are likewise inclined.

Our focus is on Roleplaying, PVP, and PVE.

Now conducting daily Raidisode Missions and weekly Fleet Actions.

And for the hardcore PVPer a new PVP Corp dedicated to peeking your gameplay.

Fleet History

In 2369, following the Kolvoord Starburst Incident involving Nova Squadron, Department of Internal Affairs began a comprehensive review of elite unit training protocol. The resultant investigation found that creative limitations such as the ones which forced Nova Squadron to keep their plans secret needed to be relaxed to allow specialized troops to achieve their potential. Many restrictions on command protocol and oversight were temporarily rescinded but only in regard to carefully chosen candidates.

The first result of this covert training directive, known as the “Red Initiative” was the formation of Red Squad. The mission and eventual destruction of the USS Valiant in 2373 was seen as evidence that the initiative had much to offer Starfleet but the crews actions were ultimately deemed unnecessarily reckless. Following the bad publicity generated by Red Squadron’s near total annihilation further Red Initiative directives became even more heavily classified.

With war looming on the horizon, the Red Initiative began its first overt operation. Under the authority of Red Initiative Director, Admiral Dorian Collins, several of Red Initiatives major covert players were organized into a new Federation Fleet with a set of special directives. In the year 2408, In accordance with Federation Article 14 Section 31 Special Operational Detachment-Red was been ordered to assemble to deploy in deep-space. Red Squadron is now ready to be the tip of the spear.

Special Operational Detachment-Red, now better known as Red Squadron has been designated to take a forward position in the coming conflict. As war with the Klingon Empire has come to seem inevitable Starfleet has resigned itself to preparing for a fight. Although adherence to our Directives means we will always keep a channel open for peace, those same Directives abide us to defend ourselves and our allies as best as we are able.

Red Squadron’s primary tasks are, HAHO (High Altitude High Objective, ship-to-ship) and HALO (High Altitude Low Objective, ship to ground), although it is an extremely versatile group capable of assuming many overt and covert missions, including, but not limited to, interdiction, rescuing hostages, infiltration, intelligence gathering, raids, and eliminating covert enemy forces and installations.

Fleet Directives: Code-1 Zeta.

Starfleet is at war and we are mobilized to protect the Federation. In accordance with Federation Article 14 Section 31 Red Squadron has been ordered to assemble for deployment to deep-space. Our mission focus as dictated by the 4th Directive is to provide for the safety and security of the United Federation of Planets.

In Memorial Of Jeremy Moessner known to us as Admiral Vox Vorcain 1972-2010

Command Staff

Fleet Admiral---Quin Draco

RS Fleet Operations
Chief of Operations---Admiral Cipher Nemo

Combat Operations
CO of Combat Operations---Commodore Nemo SD

R&D Corp
CO of Logistics & Supply---Captain Arobe Draconis

Personnel Department
CO of Personnel---Commodore Arn Dog

Klingon Faction Guild Fleet

Red Guard - Commandant General NemoSD

(Not officially part of the Red Squadron RP....or is it?)

The New Site and Forum - Join the fleet here

Fleet Calender

Fleet-Action Video

Fleet Recruitment Video

The Old Site - For entertainment Purposes Only

We Are A Ventrilo Based Fleet
HOSTNAME: nyc02.guildlaunch.net
PORT: 7745
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 01:15 PM
1st bump on the new RS thread. Luckily for me I'm still at work and have nothing better to do.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 04:46 PM
Greetings RS congrats..
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 06:23 AM
Bump before I leave for the airport again. Coming home today, so I'll be able to play STO tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 08:31 AM
I would welcome you but it isn't the same without Dan Jones.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 08:34 AM
Ah ....I see I did get this up before the forums crashed.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuck1771 View Post
I would welcome you but it isn't the same without Dan Jones.
Wrong RS. these are not the Original Red Squadrons from 1998.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 08:53 AM
Done and done....for the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Yaay, I get to be on the first page this time!
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 09:31 AM
*Bump*

2nd in fleet to Lt Cmdr. Boomski