Go Back   Star Trek Online > Fleet Administrative Station > Earth Spacedock
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencer8 View Post
As I understand it FrankieDoo,Cryptic is using International French, so there will be some translation issues between that and Quebec French.
Well, I strongly recommend and suggest that they chose another translation matrix. Like the Franch-Canadians. However, I'm going to continue the work I've started. By the way, the in game fleet is now active.

I'm in game only & mainly to correct their problems and help them with that. Further more, I'm also having a hard time understand the in game fleet rank commands and what purpose each option on the right menu beside the selected rank does. Since, I have no to little time to learn everything in the in game fleet comands with that full time (even nights) job.

Plus, I'm adding people to the fleet from time to time. Berj79 will tend to your questions and needs for the time being.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 06:40 PM
Getting on the server in the last two days has been almost nonexistant. The server is down or I am waiting in line to get in and then I am kicked out when it is my turn to get on.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencer8 View Post
Getting on the server in the last two days has been almost nonexistant. The server is down or I am waiting in line to get in and then I am kicked out when it is my turn to get on.
They've been doing a lot of updates and that is normal. For now, at least...I'll be working with them. Making a game is something special and also hard sometimes. The opportunity that I got to work on a game is marvellous and might only happen once in a lifetime. Unless I'm hired in the game insdustry for my exceptional natural talent. ^_^
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 05:39 AM
Greetings,

Come on in the EXCLUSIVE Canadian ONLY fleet..

Starfleet Canada is looking for Canadians and French-Canadians speaking to join an exclusive Canadian ONLY fleet. So, check us out! Thank you!

http://starfleetcanada.forumotion.net/portal.htm
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 08:07 AM
You can always check us out. However, indeed it is your choice.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Starfleet Canada is looking for a graphic artist who would be willing to make our fleet signatures and other graphic we would or might need.

Thank you.

---

Starfleet Canada est ŗ la recherche d'un ou d'une infographiste qui accepterait de faire nos signatures et autres graphiques qu'on pourrait avoir besoin.

Merci.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 09:26 PM
=/\= INCOMING SUBSPACE TRANSMISSION =/\=

Greetings to the people of the Star Trek community,

Today is a very special day for all of us. Itís finally here! Star Trek Online is on store shelves everywhere & more on their way to overseas. Two years ago, Iíve become the Emissary of Star Trek Online for Canada & committed myself completely to this game. Iíve supported Cryptic Studios all the way and I am NOT going to abandon them. Iíve founded Starfleet Canada & begun my work for Cryptic. Knowing that Iíve embarked in really big, enormous project; I knew then that I was going to have very little time for other things. Somewhere, someplace, something, somehow, someone, somebody heard my call that It was time for a NEW Star Trek game. Even if I am not an employee of CS, I am helping the studios getting and translating correct French sentences and words. I really feel that I am part of it.

I have been a Star Trek fan since 1992, a real on-line gamer since 1993, group/fleet evolvement force & a ST community driver since 1996. Star Trek is something I cherish almost above everything else. Itís our passion, our enjoyment, our duty; itís something that only producers, writers, actors & fans know what STAR TREK mean, the whole idea, the feeling, the philosophy & the force that drives us together. It is in our day to day lives. Every new technology and almost everything we know today or have comes from Star Trek itself. What I always do, itís for the Roddenberry family, the community, the fans, and to those who believe that one day; our world will be just like it.

In 2004, I had to back down and take sometime for myself for personal reasons. However, Star Trek was still and will always be part of me. I was mostly exhausted When I do or want something; Iím loyal to it a 100 and 10% I have a illness called cerebral paralysis. Itís a light case, but itís only a physical. My mind is untouched by it. My employment options are limited. However, I still seek out to find my rightful place in the society. I also have great projects that I seriously intend to make it real and operational. Itís something really big, but Iím unsure where & when it will be possible to make it happen. It will certainly cost a lot. However, it will be completely worth it for me and to those in need.

I have been fortunate enough to have my family, friends, fleet friends/colleagues & others support in everything Iíve done, I do and will be doing. My life is quite different and special. I get easily tired & need special treatment in things I do. I also get help health treatments to recover from a neural/emotional shock caused by the lost of my father in 2006. I got a very prestigious contract/job at Statistics Canada for 3 months at the 2006 Census. It was my first ever job. I am greatly thankful, because I didnít know what I would have done. It has kept me very busy and was making a difference in the society. No time to think about my lost. This contract, I loved it very much & didnít want to leave after my day shift. I find this new challenge fascinating and itís very close to my last job Ė Data clerk. However, it is a level above what I did for Statistics Canada and little more complex.

2006, I began hating computer gaming for all the problems gaming can cause to a computer or to my health, because of developed mount problems due to shock, couldnít eat & speak well. Mount locked opened; getting Botox injections which now, help enough to be able to continue normal operations. To the end of my contract to the beginning of 2007, I call that one; Year of Hell up until January 2008. I tried many things during the Year of Hell to keep my mind busy I came back into the ST community.

When I have something in my mind, it is very difficult take it out of there. These things, intend to make them work and push it to come a reality. I always finish what I started. Star Trek has touched lives of many of us in this great adventure. We are mostly loyal to it. It is in our minds, our hearts and in our belly. I have many other interests and a couple of TV series I follow but, not as hardcore like ST. I enjoy many other things & I follow the rules. Like to buy my music, TV series & games in their original form, most of all despite and hate illegal copies or downloads.

Later, the death of the first Lady; Majel Barrett Roddenberry has touched my heart and emotions. I decided to write to the Roddenberry family to offer my support. I truly understand what feels like to loose our parents. My dad died before his time. I can really understand Eugene feelings and his family. They will all be missed. I still feel sad about it.

Iím pretty proud of everything good I did in my life and will be much more in future endeavors. Working on this game is marvelous. The only thing thatís bothering me is that I canít play and do the work at the same time. I mean, we certainly need to be in game 24/7 to do what I do. Translation takes time and efforts. Itís not something you take lightly. Yeah, I am serious in what I do & passionate both fleets Iíve done are great. First fleet was founded in 1998.

Last night, I was supposed to check in STO; but didnít. I couldnít stay my eyes opened so, I went to bed. I am grateful to have loyal & very good officers in the fleet.Many ex-members too. They were great. An ex-member has no respect whatsoever toward me, maybe because of my ideas or something else. It saddens me when people leave or are inactive, but less if they give me their reasons. Unproductive people bother me. Look at the picture, they are here, not participating in the growth of the fleet and when they do not vote, it keeps us where we are. No improvements and no going forward. A fleet is something big and enjoyable to do. SC was form 2 years before release. It was supposed to be release in 2009 which would have been awesome, since the game era is set in 2409. However, Iím absolutely sure that everyone is happy to finally taste it on their computers around the word. I was in both closed & open betas. The opportunity I had in the game finding bugs and being stuck in a ground Co-op Pve PvP was funny. It was my first time that I came into a game before it launches. I have met a few friends while being in there.

I had something else to say, but I must have forgotten it. I hope people will love STO, because itís totally worth it. Iím going to continue my translation work and will also try to get heads up about STO coming to 360. Iíll have to speak with my contacts at CS. Iíll be delivering the good news to you if I get any kind of information on that. On a side note, Iíll be getting it with lifetime subscription for the console too. Iím 100% sure that youíll have players for it. I know things and people will buy it too. You donít have to worry about that Cryptic. Iíve posted my petition on numerous outside of here forums; which I didnít got banned by Rekhan which was absolutely wrong. I could not summit my gameplay feedback and reports. The marketing guy doesnít like me much. Well, like it or not Iím here to stay buddy. I am not doing any harm by getting the word ear to ear and a gentle push to give a chance to STO 360 to come out. The petition is good, because it spreading the word out and that could be potential great players for CS.

Right now, I need some rest, because I didnít sleep much during headstart & Iím exhausted like never before. I feel like Iíve done 3 months in translation for Cryptic, but it has only been 4 days. Along side this game French translation, I have a fleet to tend to and the SC forums that needs to finished & translated as well. Anyway, my SC members understand and Iíve chosen someone to tend to the fleet while Iím doing this. Oh! Wait! I almost forgot to say that whoever is trying to start a fire in the bushes between Starfleet Canada & the Canadian Federation; I have a very special message for the German suspect that we have: ďYou will and already have failed. You will be dealt with swiftly and quietly by both Canadian fleets.

Thank you.

This was a message provided by the Federation News Network from the Prime Minister Sovalís office.

=/\= END TRANSMISSION =/\=

---

(French translation in progress)
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-03-2010, 03:29 PM
I can assure you that I'm NOT a one man fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieDoo View Post
I can assure you that I'm NOT a one man fleet.
\\// LIVE LONG AND PROSPER! \\//
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Greetings,

We are the only EXCLUSIVE Canadian fleet here. *For Canadians only*