Lt. Commander
# 1 Cannont Connect
01-29-2010, 10:16 AM
I'm now in a constant loop where I cannot connect to the login server. Anyone else experiencing this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Yep. I've gone through a variety of errors, from "cannot authenticate" to the client not even popping up- but the end result is the same, can't connect.
Lt. Commander
I ticketed this item last Friday during open beta . You would think that players not even being able to get to the character creation screen , let alone into the game would be a priority issue . I appreciate that this is a new game and is going to have issues . I appreciate that they ordered new hardware to handle the load of users logging in ( and hopefully it is actually installed ). But what good is having a great game if players can't actually log in to play it ? This issue has been around since the start of open beta . They really should have had open beta last 4 weeks instead of 2 , and had a 2 week gap between end of open beta and headstart . They haven't given themselves enough time to fix some critical issues .
Wal - Mart hasn't shipped my preorder retail box yet , and I am still bale to cancel my order up until 5PM Saturday . I can't even log in to play by then , I'm gong to cancel my order and wait a few months and see if STO is actually playable by then . Go and spend my money on something else , maybe resubscribe to Eve Online . ( Sorry I canceled that sub to give this a try already ) : (
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliberific View Post
I ticketed this item last Friday during open beta . You would think that players not even being able to get to the character creation screen , let alone into the game would be a priority issue . I appreciate that this is a new game and is going to have issues . I appreciate that they ordered new hardware to handle the load of users logging in ( and hopefully it is actually installed ). But what good is having a great game if players can't actually log in to play it ? This issue has been around since the start of open beta . They really should have had open beta last 4 weeks instead of 2 , and had a 2 week gap between end of open beta and headstart . They haven't given themselves enough time to fix some critical issues .
Wal - Mart hasn't shipped my preorder retail box yet , and I am still bale to cancel my order up until 5PM Saturday . I can't even log in to play by then , I'm gong to cancel my order and wait a few months and see if STO is actually playable by then . Go and spend my money on something else , maybe resubscribe to Eve Online . ( Sorry I canceled that sub to give this a try already ) : (
mate, sign up with eve online, it's complex but I played for a year and a half and had a blast, dont pay for this game right now crptic doesnt know what there doing. Eve has some bugs here and there but its playable.