Lt. Commander
# 21
01-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch_MK1
thats the error message your getting?
not getting any error messages. I can log in fine, but I can't get the Sol System to launch after finishing the tutorial missions. Keep closing the game and relogging after 20 minutes or so.

more proof that release this soon was and is a bad idea.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-29-2010, 02:06 PM
I feel for the people that took time off work or their schedule to feel the pain of unofficial launch day today It is ALWAYS a mess! At least some of you are able to play...this weekend is going to be even more of a gongshow - but things should get a lot better once it all settles down.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-29-2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineKaos View Post
Game HAS NOT LAUNCHED.

think about it, we are in headstart.

Chill, have a cold one
Oh that's nice -- so what they call a "head start" is actually a glorified beta? neato
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineKaos View Post
Game HAS NOT LAUNCHED.

think about it, we are in headstart.

Chill, have a cold one
Yeah, 'headstart' probably meaning Release Candidate stage. Like version 0.9x of a game. Near 1.0, but just making sure the final bugs are done and over with...enough of the bugs squashed to see if it'll work, patch if it doesn't and then get closer and closer to 1.0
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch_MK1
steam should not unintall the game from your machine, try the desktop item of STO and it should take you to steam and load the launch menu
Well it did... my C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\star trek online folder size went from 10GB to 500MB so all the files are gone and its redownloadin them atm..

Sucks big time but can`t do anything else than wait now.... and I took this day off from work just for this..

-W
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeliss
Oh that's nice -- so what they call a "head start" is actually a glorified beta? neato
you could see it that way but its primarlily for staggering the server loads, so not EVERY one log in at the same time as its not in shops till tuesday.
Lt. Commander
# 27 Acoount error
01-29-2010, 02:08 PM
I keep getting the same error and it wont let me patch or anything... it says, that the server is down and reads...Account Error , please contact billing support. Any advice?
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdoh View Post
Well it did... my C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\star trek online folder size went from 10GB to 500MB so all the files are gone and its redownloadin them atm..

Sucks big time but can`t do anything else than wait now.... and I took this day off from work just for this..

-W
Probably because Star Trek Online pushed the update to Steam's severs, and Steam pushed the update to EVERYONE.

More than likely, on Feb. 1 or 2, it'll happen again. Don't plan on taking time off for that either.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdoh View Post

-W
wow that seems invasive, iv never had steam remove a game from a PC before. wonder if tehre is any other locations online where you can download it faster?

It must be something they have done with the removal of the beta STO and put a new STO in its place, cos i complained to them the other day when they dropped the price of STO from 50 to 40 before the game was out ad didnt refund me the difference, so i get a total refund and was determined to get it elsewhere, but the game never unistalled from my pc.
I just decided to buy it again of steam at the lower price and there was no new download then.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-29-2010, 02:11 PM
Does anybody know how many servers there are/will be?