Lt. Commander
# 131 Revised question
09-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardine View Post
You should watch the webcast. In the webcast he mentioned the truism that in both the star trek universe and in the real world, you dont have to be a captain in rank in order to be called the captain of a vessel. You just need to be the superior officer. We see this in first contact when LT Cmdr Worf was captain of the defiant at the battle of sector 01.

When you start the game, you wont start as a captain in rank, you'll just be refurred to as the "captain" of your own, tiny ship. As you work up the ranks, you than get to "captain" (as a verb) larger ships with bigger crews.
After watching the webcast as suggested (oops) i will revise my question. What rank do you start as, and what benifits does a Specialty give you for your captian? For example: Laura Ferron, my char, has a specialty in Tactical and Security. would she get benifits to combat on her ship, or against AI charicters, or other players? If in the event my Tactical or Security Officer is disabled, would she be able to command those aspects of her ship?

So far, this looks great, can't wait to play.
Lt. Commander
# 132
09-12-2008, 05:26 AM
A new question:
Can I act some on my on will?
For example Kirk stole the Enterprise.
If yes how far can I go?
Lt. Commander
# 133
09-12-2008, 01:30 PM
What is the estimated subscription price?

When should this game come out?
Lt. Commander
# 134
09-13-2008, 11:22 AM
I would like to know if is just pc that is getting this mmo or will it be on them home consoles too. As well is the Q continium in here and if they are what role do they play would they give out tasks to prove our selves like on TNG or will they jus be for show
Lt. Commander
# 135
09-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance85 View Post
it is like that with eve part from in corp wars, and if someone just wants to attack you, they tank concord, thats the npcs that are meant to protect players from unlawful attack, some even just do it, if you have anything worth money in your cargo hold then have someone mainly their own alt to take anything that drops from your ship been as how their main ship gets destroyed by concord.
concords or resucing ships are so lame.. i am a eve player to but i cant wait till STAR TREK

still i like the unexploring space in deep tetor much beter for pvp so explorastion will be with more people in this case i hope
Lt. Commander
# 136
09-14-2008, 03:39 PM
I got a question for you. In COH/CoV the PvP players have pretty much killed the game. Reason being is they get stuff nerfed to beyond useable. While NPC's stay they same. So a few guys with guns can pretty much kill what is post to be superman. So best way to really ask i think is.

Are you going to let PvP effect PvE gameplay pretty much?

Not everyone that will want to play this is wanting to PvP. I am in it to play Starfleet Captian with my friends. I been playing Pirates of Burning Sea lately and the game play is set up the best i seen.

O and when is closed beta starting? I am ready at any time and was signed up in orignal closed beta invite . So i been waiting on this a LONG time.
Lt. Commander
# 137
09-15-2008, 10:07 AM
The Game Informer article mentions expansions to include races like Cardassians and ROmulanas. Are they expecting those to be full cost models (WoW) or free updates like CoX?
Lt. Commander
# 138 Race forces faction?
09-15-2008, 11:10 AM
No more Klingons (or Gorns) on Federation ships, or will there still be exceptions?

(I am sort of tired of the WoW/EQ/Et Al. formulae where when you choose a race, you are forced not only to a faction, but even sometimes to a profession set.)

The Federation is still an equal opportunity employer?:p
Lt. Commander
# 139
09-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Also, if we plan on having two accounts (my wife and I both want out own accounts to play at the same time), will this require us to purchase two seperate copies of the game?
Lt. Commander
# 140
09-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Where do you play the actual game at????