Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Guest Blog: Starbase 381
10-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Community Members from the 26th Fleet have written a Guest Blog about Starbase 381, a base that has opened for roleplayers who are looking to network with other roleplayers.

Link to the blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
10-17-2013, 12:42 PM
It's great to see dedicated role-playing fleets get attention in STO. Before discovering the game, I had a nearly decade long history in Star Trek play-by-email and IRC chat "fleets", so I appreciate what you're all doing for the RP community in STO, even if the majority doesn't.

The current fleet that I'm in, as large and friendly and globally diverse as it is, focuses only on occasional pvp and grinding (as with many fleets), and some of the membership mocks anyone who attempts rp'ing in the game (the strange activities and things said openly on Drozana Station, for example, only adds to the derision and bad reputation that role-playing has in the game). STO, for what seems to be many in my fleet, is just another videogame with numbers, killing, and souless avatars. They forget that roleplay is at the very core of Trek and storytelling in general.
Lieutenant
# 3
10-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Great Blog Guys!
Lieutenant
# 4
10-17-2013, 01:57 PM
It might be a good idea for people who want to RP as part of a fleet to create multiple chat channels in order to roleplay as a group in any of the social areas. That way you have some privacy.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
10-17-2013, 02:05 PM
Can we have free advertising for the many other countless of fleets in STO? Why the preference for just a genre or a group of people while alienating the rest of us....just saying doesnt smell fair to the other dedicated fleets who do the same in STO
[
Career Officer
# 6
10-17-2013, 02:12 PM
First, I need to thank DeffDog from The Trust for putting me in touch with Brandon. Without you, this project would still be in the back burner.

Brandon, you're the man

We just ask that folks be patient with us. I admit, I kept my own people in the dark about this announcement. So they're just as surprised as most of you. When we opened the base in July, we got trickles of RPers, a dozen here, a dozen there, etc. We just ask that you all be patient with us while we adjust to the numbers we're getting even now.

And be sure to check out the Starfinder podcast mentioned in the blog post! Outstanding stories in classic radio drama fashion!
R. Admiral Corris Sprint (@sprint01)
Commanding Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
Star Trek: Praetorian Official Website
Lieutenant
# 7
10-17-2013, 02:24 PM
So the requests for people to dock with the Starbase have increased already? Wow!

Last edited by varzec; 10-17-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Career Officer
# 8
10-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Yup. We started seeing an increase in traffic about an hour after the blog went live. Some folks are obviously new to role play, and that's great because we all started someplace.
R. Admiral Corris Sprint (@sprint01)
Commanding Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
Star Trek: Praetorian Official Website
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
10-17-2013, 03:44 PM
I'm so proud of the 26th! Great things have small beginnings and there's no truer example than my Praetorians. Congratulations on the blog and all your success, Scotty!

- PD
Career Officer
# 10
10-17-2013, 03:58 PM
I joined up with these guys around April 2013, and I've had a great experience so far. It's a fun mix of people and characters and if you're new to RP or Star Trek Online RP, willing to sit down some and help you improve as both a roleplayer, player and creative thinker.

So far in the last few weeks, we've had player run episodes, events and storylines that feature everything from one of the more intellectual minded characters running a formal lecture and discussion on the Prime Directive, gotten into a running battle with a malevolent rogue planet, and found ourselves trying to bring peace to two less advanced species before it breaks into open war. It's also helped me grow as both a roleplayer and a storyteller and GM, and I've become much more confident working with others in crafting stories and adventures.

It's been a great adventure so far, and both I and my character, Captain Jessie Corvus of the USS Harpe, are glad to be part of it.