Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 101
01-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Relax, its still Be.... Wait a minute!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 102
01-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashano View Post
WOW 8Mbit nice but its downstream, servers dont really care what your downstream is matey, its the upstream that counts and if you only have 256Kbits up and have a torrent running guess what you have left
sadly I'm spoiled, I get 3 sometimes 4 Mb upload, and at times I peak 42Mb download it's normally around 39 to 40. ( source speakeasy speed test )
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 103
01-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Well, I am sure they will run down the network issues soon, I filed a support ticket and can run some tracert through to the servers to see if that can help them figure it out.

Problem with **** was routing through certain providers in the US certain hops just didnt make it into their servers but was resolved in the end, hoping the same here.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 104
01-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
sadly I'm spoiled, I get 3 sometimes 4 Mb upload, and at times I peak 42Mb download it's normally around 39 to 40. ( source speakeasy speed test )

I have the same speeds on my VDSL
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 105
01-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashano View Post
WOW 8Mbit nice but its downstream, servers dont really care what your downstream is matey, its the upstream that counts and if you only have 256Kbits up and have a torrent running guess what you have left
Don't worry, it gives me 4meg upload - my point was it is not my rig or connection that is the issue, also verified by the same issue during **** Open Beta which they acknowleged as connectivity issues their end and resolved it too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 106
01-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedes
Wow, I love you how just "magically" put words in my mouth. Like what Steve Job had said about the iPad - it's just magical. Where in this thread did I said that Cryptic planned this? This is exactly what I meant when I said that people are so eager to follow the sheep to water that they didn't even bother to take the time to understand the situation.
Did I quote you as saying "they planned it"? Uh...no. I magically quoted only exactly what you said. Which is that "they" (Cryptic) get away with "this" (launch day problems) because people "accept" it.

Don't jump on me because I point out your utter lack of logic. And stop trying to build a straw man by telling everyone I did something I didn't and then pointing to Steve Jobs. The "Look, something shiny!" trick doesn't work on most people.

People only "get away with" something if it is something they are doing intentionally. If you see that you are driving 80 in a 55mph zone and continue doing so but aren't ticketed, then you "got away with it". If your speedometer says you are doing 55mph but you are actually doing 80 and you don't get a ticket you haven't "gotten away with" anything by direct action because you didn't know you were committing the offense. And if you were ticketed then it's just one of those things...it happened, you take the steps to correct it, you move on. It's not the crime of the century.

So, my friend, by implying that Cryptic is "getting away" with something you make my argument for me. I just codified it.

If you think they are "getting away" with something you believe they are acting willfully and intentionally.

Period.

I'm sorry that you don't like having your rant stripped down to the bare facts. Not my fault. You can toss insults around all you want and call me a "sheep" for using common sense. That's a great school yard bullying tactic. Won't work with me, sorry. You lose. Thanks for playing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 107
01-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashano View Post
I have the same speeds on my VDSL
mines from cable, what company do you get that speed from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebnai
Don't worry, it gives me 4meg upload - my point was it is not my rig or connection that is the issue, also verified by the same issue during **** Open Beta which they acknowleged as connectivity issues their end and resolved it too.
T1 line? never seen a DSL or cable line like that. ( than again each company changes from area to area. I just know what's in my area )
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 108
01-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebnai
Don't worry, it gives me 4meg upload - my point was it is not my rig or connection that is the issue, also verified by the same issue during **** Open Beta which they acknowleged as connectivity issues their end and resolved it too.
you 4MBit up ( i am guess thats what 4meg up means ) and only 8Mbit down ( i would feel robbed ) but comparing one server park with another dosnt work that way, but you are probably right about its the connection, problem is "is it they ISP or backbone or whatnot" i would try traceroute and chack timeouts
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 109
01-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
mines from cable, what company do you get that speed from?

Fullrate, its VDSL
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 110
01-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socktown View Post
Did I quote you as saying "they planned it"? Uh...no. I magically quoted only exactly what you said. Which is that "they" (Cryptic) get away with "this" (launch day problems) because people "accept" it.

Don't jump on me because I point out your utter lack of logic. And stop trying to build a straw man by telling everyone I did something I didn't and then pointing to Steve Jobs. The "Look, something shiny!" trick doesn't work on most people.

People only "get away with" something if it is something they are doing intentionally. If you see that you are driving 80 in a 55mph zone and continue doing so but aren't ticketed, then you "got away with it". If your speedometer says you are doing 55mph but you are actually doing 80 and you don't get a ticket you haven't "gotten away with" anything by direct action because you didn't know you were committing the offense. And if you were ticketed then it's just one of those things...it happened, you take the steps to correct it, you move on. It's not the crime of the century.

So, my friend, by implying that Cryptic is "getting away" with something you make my argument for me. I just codified it.

If you think they are "getting away" with something you believe they are acting willfully and intentionally.

Period.

I'm sorry that you don't like having your rant stripped down to the bare facts. Not my fault. You can toss insults around all you want and call me a "sheep" for using common sense. That's a great school yard bullying tactic. Won't work with me, sorry. You lose. Thanks for playing.
Wow, good anger, wrong person. Someone else stated what you had quoted, not me.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:53 PM.