Lt. Commander
# 111
01-29-2010, 02:46 PM
This is *far* better than WoW was at launch (and I was there, not just referring to WoW because it's the 'big thing'). This is smooth for a MMO launch.

I've just played for over three hours, without any random disconnects. Yes, the Borg aren't showing up but that's quite a small thing and seems to have been solved now, in less than five hours.
Lt. Commander
# 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotgunAvenger
Shutup and play.
Been trying to do that since 10am.. haven't successfully logged in once.. so spare me your useless comments.
Lt. Commander
# 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedes
Wow, good anger, wrong person. Someone else stated what you had quoted, not me.
Well...

Crap!

Sorry man!
Lt. Commander
# 114
01-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardien.kinslayer View Post
Been trying to do that since 10am.. haven't successfully logged in once.. so spare me your useless comments.
Strange... I can log out/in five times in a row (just done it now to test) with no issues. And I'm on a pretty shoddy shared internet connection.
Lt. Commander
# 115
01-29-2010, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socktown View Post
Well...

Crap!

Sorry man!
Apology accepted, I get those once in a while too - nerd rage. It's probably why I started this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 116
01-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedes
Can't login, unstable, random disconnects. Go ahead, defend away - you can no longer use the "this is BETA" excuses. It seems like all those negative comments during beta has merits after all.

Cryptic, how am I going to become the first Klingon General with all these issues?
Can't use the Beta excuse but the "This is Cryptic" excuse will always work. This is almost an exact repeat of the CO Beta and Headstart. You would think they would have learned from that.
Lt. Commander
# 117
01-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Amazing how whenever anyone says how much experience of beta testing they have had, they always get called liers and flamed......

Well, Regardless of my 10 years experience.....Including Beta test on Korean Lineage 1,Legend of Mir 1 (which never released) and many many other games, you are all missing the point!

All you "Fanboys" keep saying how great the game is, and it's blatently not!

ALL MMo's have had shakey starts in the past BUT, thats to be expected, what the majority of us "Whingers" are complaining of is the excuses that we keep hearing (and have done since beta started.
ie. "We never expected so many people!" or "oh dear we need better servers" What a load of crap! this is Star Trek ffs! of course there were going to be a lot of people wanting to play!

Do you all seriously expect for example, Bioware to think "oh well it's a Star Wars game so we won't get busy??? NO!

They spent 2 years on TOS which is nothing in development terms, and they rushed it out to make quick cash, simple as that.

Personally I hope they manage to spend some of their cash on some decent staff to help make the game what it could and should be, not this empty glorified single player game that we have at present.

Invitations to flame is open.....
Lt. Commander
# 118
01-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Yeah good luck with that hope for Star Wars... If you are already up in arms then you might as well go troll those forums until it is released just as buggy or worse than STO.
Lt. Commander
# 119
01-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd2010
Amazing how whenever anyone says how much experience of beta testing they have had, they always get called liers and flamed......

Well, Regardless of my 10 years experience.....Including Beta test on Korean Lineage 1,Legend of Mir 1 (which never released) and many many other games, you are all missing the point!

All you "Fanboys" keep saying how great the game is, and it's blatently not!

ALL MMo's have had shakey starts in the past BUT, thats to be expected, what the majority of us "Whingers" are complaining of is the excuses that we keep hearing (and have done since beta started.
ie. "We never expected so many people!" or "oh dear we need better servers" What a load of crap! this is Star Trek ffs! of course there were going to be a lot of people wanting to play!

Do you all seriously expect for example, Bioware to think "oh well it's a Star Wars game so we won't get busy??? NO!

They spent 2 years on TOS which is nothing in development terms, and they rushed it out to make quick cash, simple as that.

Personally I hope they manage to spend some of their cash on some decent staff to help make the game what it could and should be, not this empty glorified single player game that we have at present.

Invitations to flame is open.....
I won't flame you because you are not worth it. But no way you have 10 years of beta testing experience. Such nonsense.

Go play some other MMO and stop being such a emo girl.
Lt. Commander
# 120
01-29-2010, 03:17 PM
I had crashes alot in open beta, then I followed teh devs advice and unistalled the game and di a fresh install, it fixed all my issues instantly. Perhaps the OP is using an old beta version of teh client which is buggy?
Closed Thread