Lt. Commander
# 11
01-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedes
Can't login, unstable, random disconnects. Go ahead, defend away - you can no longer use the "this is BETA" excuses. It seems like all those negative comments during beta has merits after all.

Cryptic, how am I going to become the first Klingon General with all these issues?

They are giving it all she's got Capn'! The dylithium crystals are going to blow!
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Erm... I had one actual disconnect and that was when the authentication server went down. Are you sure we're talking about the same game here?

Maybe you should reboot your modem?
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-29-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Can't login, unstable, random disconnects. Go ahead, defend away - you can no longer use the "this is BETA" excuses. It seems like all those negative comments during beta has merits after all.

Cryptic, how am I going to become the first Klingon General with all these issues?
Have you never played a MMORPG before? All MMOs when they first start going,. its alittle rocky for the first 1-2 months
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Quote:

I am in game for 2 hours now, not a single disconnect or a crash, just a minor lag. i suggest you check your internet connection.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-29-2010, 02:01 PM
I challenge you to create a game that lets thousands of people all log in at the same time, and see if you can host it without having server crashes or disconnects while you work on getting rid of bugs. Oh and by the way, getting rid of bugs, improving stability is not something that just gets done during Beta, its something that is on going for any MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:

Working fine for me.. perhaps it's your connection?
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
I am in game for 2 hours now, not a single disconnect or a crash, just a minor lag. i suggest you check your internet connection.
Actually, this is reported in another thread - it is not a connection issue my end but probably something to do with the routing through to the servers.

Had the same issues with **** in OB but NCSoft fixed it for launch. Disconnects happen on instance changes and it is really hard to log on, when in an instance however the game is really smooth, no lag at all.

If it works for you great, but for those it isn't Cryptic need to be made aware so they can look at networking solutions - we don't need flaming. Yes the OP could have used a better title and phrased the issue better.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Welcome to launch day.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-29-2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
Same here working fine for me.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newarrior View Post
Welcome to launch day.
Again, how is this an explanation when it is completely stable with no disconnects for others? This is network related and how ISPs are routing through, like I said above NCSoft solved their issues for **** launch so it IS fixable for Cryptic and STO.
Closed Thread