Captain
I noticed there've been many very helpful people replying in this forum who are clearly quite knowledgeable, so I thought you might have some advice for me on finding a fleet (guild) for me to join. (I'm a Fed-Aligned Rom L40 and leveling pretty fast...)

I'm a somewhat older person (young at heart) and while not a power gamer per se, I do take my gaming seriously but I'm more a team player than aggressor, I prefer pve over pvp. I play during USA daytime and late night (I can't play in the evenings) and am looking for a group I can both run missions with but also like to go solo sometimes and just have the fleet available to share information, etc.

I've also been in "guilds" and "leagues" in other MMOs and game arenas so am not new to the concept.

I've looked quickly at the "recruitment" forums but I can't tell anything from the advertisements.

Any advice you have on how I can find a fleet to join would be appreciated.

(feel free to send private messages...)
Captain
# 2
10-01-2013, 08:00 AM
First bit of advice, don't accept the random fleet invitations you get from ESD. Those fleets are usually dodgy at best. Best advice I can probably give is don't make any commitments. Join a fleet for a few weeks, see how it goes. If you don't like the way it's run, or the people in it, you can just leave and find another.

Harden up Princess
Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
www.ausmonauts.com
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
10-01-2013, 08:03 AM
I found if you zone chat and say your looking for a fleet with x requirements, you will find one you like, I did, and love my new fleet (had an issue with my previous one) may take a few attempts but give it a go.
but then again, my reputation on this forum is for doing/saying something that goes against the norm, so what do I know.
Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
I.R.W. Valdore gives 0 (132283) Radiation Damage to Tal'is with Thalaron Pulse. ==> Tal'is deals 132283 Special Damage to Tal'is with Immunity Matrix

Career Officer
# 4
10-01-2013, 09:39 AM
If you use ventrilo or teamspeak I would try to hang out with people before joining to see if the people are compatible.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
10-01-2013, 09:57 AM
My advice is be fussy with the fleet you pick if you don't get on well or it seems like people aren't your type don't stay. Teamspeak and Ventrilo Fleets are better since you can chat with them and any fleet that allow you to jump on and chat before join are well worth it since you can get to know them.
Captain
# 6 ...great advice so far....
10-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Great advice, I think I'll try the zone chat attempt.

I've used ventrillo, and who hasn't heard of teamspeak, but I -generally- prefer not to use a mic for household reasons, but I'm happy to say hello if that helps me introduce myselt to the fleet and i always keep my ears on.

I am amazed at how many blind invites I've gotten - I can just imagine someone sitting at New Romulus or ESD and just spending hours inviting people.
Lt. Commander
# 7 joining a fleet
10-09-2013, 08:54 PM
it is best to be on your own when leveling up thru the game. So you learn the game. If you stay online after lvl 50 then its good to find a fleet and then help mentor junior ppl.

The Undying Grendel the Wise
USS ATTILA KHAN (NX-921911)