Lt. Commander
# 61
02-05-2010, 02:45 AM
gHz -

Yes beams have no gcd, you can fire all the ones you have equipped together.

Yes plasma high yield are slow and shoot-able but their regular torpedoes are not, they are just like other torpedoes

And yes the consoles do stack.

Orxlayer -

just retested 3 heavys, they do still work, albeit at the whim of lag, 1 second in a 3 second duration isn't actually all that noticable, but it still works.

Embsers of satin -

Yes the +15 plasma projectiles would be better to use if you have plasma torpedoes equipped however make sure its plasma projectiles its buffing (ambienvelope plasma console) and not the energy weapons plasma its buffing (plasma infuser) as they are separate stats.
Lt. Commander
# 62
02-05-2010, 03:35 AM
Thanks for the info.
Lt. Commander
# 63
02-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasorine
gHz -

Yes beams have no gcd, you can fire all the ones you have equipped together.

Yes plasma high yield are slow and shoot-able but their regular torpedoes are not, they are just like other torpedoes

And yes the consoles do stack.

Orxlayer -

just retested 3 heavys, they do still work, albeit at the whim of lag, 1 second in a 3 second duration isn't actually all that noticable, but it still works.

Embsers of satin -

Yes the +15 plasma projectiles would be better to use if you have plasma torpedoes equipped however make sure its plasma projectiles its buffing (ambienvelope plasma console) and not the energy weapons plasma its buffing (plasma infuser) as they are separate stats.
I dunno man. Dont get me wrong id like it to work considering with all my dmg buffs my rapid fire canons do ~2.9k dps. But Ive tested it for about half hour and it looks to me that when using 2 heavys the 1 cools down just as the last 1 is done fireing just as using 2 normal dual cannons. Anyone else try it out. Maybe its just lag, but it seems to me like the 3rd heavy is just sitting there.

But i see what ur saing tho about the cooldowns. Technically if ur right and they go on a 3 sec cd with a 1 sec global, then yeh u should be able to equip 3. first cannon fires (3sec cd)... 2nd fires ( 3sec cd) , 1st canon has 2 sec cd left ... 3rd cannon fires (3 sec cd) , 2nd cannon (2 sec cd left) and first should be cooldowned rdy to fire again. In theory if indeed the cooldowns are corect it SHOULD work, but when i tested it it seems that the cooldowns on the heavys arent 3 sec more like 2 (+ .2 sec for lag or wtv). Cryptic needs to fix these.

I dont mind running 2 front cannons and 2 beam banks (3 would be nicer ), but id like an official response.
Lt. Commander
# 64
02-05-2010, 10:36 AM
personally I get the third one firing just right but if in doubt or having trouble getting it to fire right (only takes a half second delay on weapons firing for third one to be useless) stick with 2 duals.

a single heavy definitly has a 3 second cooldown but strange things happen when you put more on and spam the spacebar
Lt. Commander
# 65
02-05-2010, 10:37 AM
il test it out more tonight hopefully it works.
Lt. Commander
# 66
02-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Guys a question whether the info here or ingame is wrong:

Plasma weapons state ingame (at least the cannons looked at) they add the dot no matter what. No chance to apply or anything, they apply their dot-damage

Here stands there is a chance they do this. Which is correct?
Lt. Commander
# 67
02-05-2010, 11:33 AM
the devs stated its a chance, tooltips are slightly broken, hence why disruptors didn't show any proc until they were finally fixed and why some tooltips are still slightly off (polarons - - 25 for example...)

If they have in fact changed this since beta I will be happy to update the thread
Lt. Commander
# 68
02-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Cryptic is infamous for tooltips that leave as many questions as they answer. Panda has a point though, the plasma weapons (space at least) say the DoT is not a proc (think it says XX plasma damage over X seconds) but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a proc.

It was nice to see them recently change weapon tooltips to include the secondary functions of the types (i.e. chance to disable random system for phasers and so forth).
Lt. Commander
# 69
02-05-2010, 11:53 AM
An additional question regarding plasmas:

Can multiple dots stack or is there always only 1 active?
For example I use several plasma beams/cannons, can I activate 2 or more simultaneous plasma dots?
Lt. Commander
# 70
02-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Well this point was brought up in beta and devs replied that the same dot will not stack but refresh but different ones will stack.

For example the plasma beam dot will stack with the torpedo plasma dot.

But the beam dot if applied again will refresh the dot.

What wasn't made clear is if the beam and cannon dot are counted as the same (both being energy weapons) or whether the same dot from different people stacked or not (say 2 people using beams)