Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Does anyone else who bought this on steam have the problem of steam re-downloading the ENTIRE game again???? WHAT THE F&*K???? I will NEVER buy from steam again this is completely outrageous.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by super.sauce View Post
Does anyone else who bought this on steam have the problem of steam re-downloading the ENTIRE game again???? WHAT THE F&*K???? I will NEVER buy from steam again this is completely outrageous.
I had a different problem where Steam applied a small update, which seemed to bork the launcher, so I'm now in the process of redownloading.

That's me out of action for a couple of hours at least
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by super.sauce View Post
I think this is due to Steam believing the first set of data was the "Beta" build, and now it is trying to give you the Release build.

Problem is....Steam missed the memo that the difference between beta and this Headstart is a 60Meg Patch......not a full reinstall.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagerr
I think this is due to Steam believing the first set of data was the "Beta" build, and now it is trying to give you the Release build.

Problem is....Steam missed the memo that the difference between beta and this Headstart is a 60Meg Patch......not a full reinstall.

This is an incorrect GUESS. I downloaded the patch, then after getting kicked from STO I then had to re-download the entire game again. BUT, it dont matter cuz everyone seems to be stuck in "Connecting to account server"
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 01:22 PM
the steam downloader at first let me right through to the login screen where it said failed to authenticate or whatever.

then i closed everything, waited about 30 min and tried again, the steam uploader said "ready in 2 minutes" or something similar. Basically it sat there for a good 20 minutes and still said "ready in 30 seconds" but never moved from that spot. I restarted steam and now it's downloading a big file that must be the 10gb file everyone is talking about. I guess I'll just let it download and hope to play tomorrow
Lt. Commander
# 6 login server disconnect
01-29-2010, 01:26 PM
every instance git booted to login server disconnect and sit with finger up for half hour trying to relog in
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 01:34 PM
yep, same with me. was ready to go, than trying to enter the headstart and it startet to download the 10 GB... ist already working for about 3 hrs, still 3 hrs to go...
I think I get an headache from my headbang about the headstart ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2010, 01:52 PM
FYI: I prepurchased thru steam. Was in and playing the game at headstart launch no problems. (after the 20 mins it took to finally get in). I closed out and restarted only to get the dreaded 10g patch download problem.

Fortunately, I had a second install in a different - non steam folder from Beta.
When I launched THAT install directly, the dreaded 10g patch appeared thru the STO client.

I reinstalled my BETA install (downloaded from Torrent) and launched the STO client directly. Only got the 845mb patch. Now I'm back in. Steam still trying to update when I launch it, however.

Seems steam didn't handle the Beta to Live transition very well and sees it as a whole new game.

Meanwhile....SOL System is a bit impossible to enter.....
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2010, 02:02 PM
I have the same problem was online in the game, it crashed. Restarting had Steam redownloading the whole frekaing client.

Now here we are 4 hours later and half way through the redownload...and the patcher crashes!??!
Now it's readownloading again again...

I certainly expect to be able to play this game that I spend good money on at some point, so are there any plans to upload the client somewhere? Torrent link anybody?
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Same here.

startet steam. then Steam updates STO for one hour. now i try tu launch. but the client try loading an Patch and then it crashes...