Commander
# 21
10-18-2013, 02:53 PM
A single sci can cycle grav well, tykens, tachyon beam, energy siphon to perma cripple this event.

This complaint is ridiculous.
Captain
# 22
10-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
No, it wasn't tholians and it wasn't an assumption.
lol Whatever.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-18-2013, 03:24 PM
Cry more please.

Just get better at the game.
Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran

"[11/8 3:10] Julia Mateus@Aislin_Avari: Costello leaves, the average IQ of the game drops."
Career Officer
# 24
10-18-2013, 03:33 PM
I find that there's actually a very simple solution to completeing both normal and elite. Quite simply, ducking in and out of range is the most obvious tactic. Also, use abilities like brace for impact and polarize hull, plus aux to structural (even if you aren't damaged). Also, keep a point defense console handy, since this is by far the best weapon I've seen to use against the small fragments. Use faw to take out all the large and small fragments you can, which will keep the entity's attack power down to a minimum. And for the love of the gods, when you see the message about about the entity absorbing energy, gtfo of range. You don't have to haul ass out, but definitely make a bee line away from it. Also, if you happen to have your threat control way up, re-spec it down to nothing. You'll take far fewer hits.
Captain
# 25
10-18-2013, 04:11 PM
Its interesting the differences in how people post in these sorts of discussions. Some insult, some complain, some try and collect additional info, some go straight to offering solutions even when help wasn't asked for. Tells us about people doesn't it?
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
10-18-2013, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artfulmerkage View Post
Cry more please.

Just get better at the game.
THIS.. This is the reason for so many of these threads. People simply can't play the game or be bothered to learn how to play it and I've pointed it out constantly. Thank you for also pointing it out...

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Empire Veteran
# 27
10-18-2013, 06:34 PM
If you aren't de-buffing it then you and your team only have yourselves to blame.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 28
10-18-2013, 06:44 PM
If you don't want to get hit by the entity's antiproton beam, get within 2km of the entity, the beam will not hit you. If you get within 1.48km of the entity, the large blast during the absorb phase cannot strike you either. The only thing you must worry about is the shards. They can be dealt with via chained gravity wells, tractor beam repulsors, or a large number of hull heals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxbad View Post
Possible. It may be that the Tetryon assumption was based on the color of the beam, which is not the red color of player antiproton weapons.

Just noticed on the wiki that those large fragments do physical damage to the hull. Not energy. Not kinetic. Physical. The only weapon in the game to do physical damage in space.
Tortured Souls and Nukara Web Mines both deal physical damage.
Lieutenant
# 29
10-18-2013, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reynoldsxd View Post
A single sci can cycle grav well, tykens, tachyon beam, energy siphon to perma cripple this event.

This complaint is ridiculous.
Lemme correct this.

"A single ship with a lt universal or lt sci slot can cycle tachyon and tykens rift. Even a tac captain can do that, and keep CE at bay".
Rihannsu
# 30
10-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghyudt View Post
And for the love of the gods, when you see the message about about the entity absorbing energy, gtfo of range. You don't have to haul ass out, but definitely make a bee line away from it.
I'm not sure about Elite, but in normal, you can avoid the pulse by hiding INSIDE the CE. As soon as I learned that trick I quit trying to tank the wave and just stared at the CE while torpedoing it at point blank as long as it was charging. There IS the possibility that you might end up eating a shard(or several) while there, so TBR is your friend.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!