Lt. Commander
# 11
01-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayzorblade
I got it through steam too, but if you go to the steam common files and launch the game through there and not through steam it still starts a 10gb patch
so, perhaps not only a steam related issue?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-29-2010, 01:31 PM
sounds like only steam I downloaded a 50mg patch last night logged in and played today without a hitch.
Lt. Commander
# 13 Account Error
01-29-2010, 01:35 PM
I have preorderd STO and now I am trying to get into the game. It gives me an Account Error. 2 days ago when I tried to go thru the set up process it had sent me an email

Star Trek Online

Dear Moonman454,

This email is to confirm that you have created your Recurring 1-Month subscription. To manage your account, please visit https://www.champions-online.com/user.

Thank you for subscribing to Champions Online!

Sincerely,

The Cryptic Account Team

And after this it recharged me for a Champions Online Account. I cannot currently access STO I wonder did it give me the wrong Game .. It Clearly says Star Trek Online at the top but says Champions online .. Also I have a charge 0f 14.99 from Champions Online coming out of my account.. I need t orecover my Funds and Get acccess To STO.. Please Help me..
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-29-2010, 01:37 PM
Perhaps this is their way of lessening the load on their servers? lol.

It almost seems like steam looked at the game data after the launcher had patched it and said, oi, that isnt the steam version! DOWNLOAD AHOY!
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaceZA View Post
Hi,

I played the headstart for about 15 minutes before the server crashed...
Now, all of a sudden, I require a 10GB 'patch'. Seriously?
Cryptics way of monitoring their servers so they don't overload.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-29-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seilen
Thats just problem with steam, it probably thinks client is corupted or something and just delete it and redownload all stuff again :/
Looks like this might be the case - using the Cryptic Launcher after telling Steam to stop 'updating' the client, it seems that the Cryptic Launcher is doing a repair on the files that Steam wrote over. It's still downloading a lot of data, but it's less than the full 10 gig.

I wonder if Steam/cryptic will be crediting for all of the excess data we've had to download?

(and it'd be nice if both sides would facilitate a fix for this, quick-smart!)
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilosCarto
Looks like this might be the case - using the Cryptic Launcher after telling Steam to stop 'updating' the client, it seems that the Cryptic Launcher is doing a repair on the files that Steam wrote over. It's still downloading a lot of data, but it's less than the full 10 gig.

I wonder if Steam/cryptic will be crediting for all of the excess data we've had to download?

(and it'd be nice if both sides would facilitate a fix for this, quick-smart!)
Stop and start the download, you'll notice the patch size is lower, the patch size is the missing data that hasn't already been downloaded, the launchers just downloading where steam left off.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayzorblade
Stop and start the download, you'll notice the patch size is lower, the patch size is the missing data that hasn't already been downloaded, the launchers just downloading where steam left off.
I think you're right as far as the remaning data goes, but otherwise, I not sure I agree - the Steam client looked to be doing a full re-get, whereas the Cryptic Launcher stats suggest that it's either pulling the data compressed, or just pulling what it thinks it needs to make the fix. For example, min'e's currently showing:

Patched 663.4 / 9301 MB
Received 312.6MB - 7% (actually 7.4%, according the to more detailed title bar stat

... which would equate to a full download of about 4.2 gig, not 10.

Still a *ridiculous* and annoying situation... just a little less annoying and ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-29-2010, 02:50 PM
i've redownloaded game from steam and now launcher freses on screen
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3811/111mo.jpg
i can not update my game!!!
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-29-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorious
i've redownloaded game from steam and now launcher freses on screen
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3811/111mo.jpg
i can not update my game!!!
Ur having the same as us over here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=80338

No one knows a fix or doesn't say anything.. that it is not working is one thing, but the silence is killing.