Lt. Commander
# 1 Multiple torpeado's
01-29-2010, 01:58 PM
First let me say this game is a breath of fresh air that I badly needed, and apart from bugs and a few niggly things I only have ONE big issue.....

The stupid shared cool down on Torp's.

So if torp do too much damage to b able to fire more than one at a time how about this......

Reduce all torp damage <plasm ect inc> by 50% <still does more damage than phasers easy>

Then get rid of the shared cooldown on all torp's.

this way if ya had say 4 torps on ya ship you would only do 200% of the damage that the current system does.

This would get people to work together better protecting the the torp boats untill the targets shields are down.

In PvP this will not be an issue either because people will see that you have a torp boat and focus fire you and while there sheilds are up torps are pretty usless unless you have like 10 of them.

Thoughts on this .......
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 01:59 PM
I would support any changes that allow me to load all of one weapon type on a ship and use them without cooldown penalty.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 01:59 PM
my thoughts:

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 02:00 PM
For multiple torpedoes there are appropriate skills which do just what you are used to from the movies.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephane
For multiple torpedoes there are appropriate skills which do just what you are used to from the movies.
You guys are offering solutions to something that he wasn't saying. He wants the shared cooldowns removed, not to be able to use a single launcher with a skill to fire multiple torpedoes.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Seems unnecessary to me. The 'shared cooldown' never lasted the full duration of torpedo reloads for me. In other words, I could fire one, wait a couple seconds, and fire the other before the first torpedo launcher reloaded. I just couldn't fire them both at the exact same time. This could just be because I was mixing Quantums and Photons, but you get the idea.

Also, doesn't really seem necessary because one torpedo launcher per facing is plenty if you get a tactical officer with torpedo skills. Use the other facings for beam arrays, cannons, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 02:03 PM
It doesn't make sense to load up on photons, as they are crap against shields. You use phasers to knock out the shields, and then you gently caress that sweet naked hull with photonic goodness.

There are skills to launch spreads of torpedoes from just the one tube, as stated.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Torp's? Really? What does the Torp own?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Possess...ves_in_English
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallurgist
Torp's? Really? What does the Torp own?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Possess...ves_in_English
Obviously not a monopoly on holier-than-thou attitudes.

Also, Really isn't a sentence by itself. I'm just saying.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2010, 02:17 PM
It ties into how shield facings work. They don't want you firing off a huge burst of damage, then turning away, firing off another one, then turning away. If torps had short range, like cannons, they might have allowed volley fire, but as it is they're very powerful weapons that require no power to use while being able to hit at maximum range.