Lt. Commander
# 61
01-31-2010, 12:34 AM
I have lost 2 BOff candidates from the New Officer missions you get after leveling up.

Both time I noticed that the officer was not in my inventory or in the assignments tab.

I had enough room for either officer (Had 3 BOff's and room for a 4th.) but they were not being allocated to me upon mission completion.

The missions I did where the BOff was a reward and I had to select from 3 different ones worked perfectly and I got the officer I wanted. It seems to only be the New Officer mission that is stuffing up for me.
Lt. Commander
# 62
01-31-2010, 06:52 AM
My Level 6 BO did not appear in my tab, all others did.

I wrote to a GM about it, they didn't even understand what my problem is about, and they posted something completely stupid in return.
Lt. Commander
# 63
01-31-2010, 07:13 AM
It's definitely a bug. I'd say it happens about 20-25% of the times if I'm representative ... I'm about 3/4 on that, from 4 BO I should have received, got 3 (the automatic one at level 6 didn't work).

Not sure if it's the same issue, but it also happened with a reward from a patrol mission, I selected a kit and I didn't receive it. Feedback text mentioned my BO skill reward, my merit reward, mission completed, but no 'you received whatever kit' text that you usually get with item rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 64
01-31-2010, 10:08 AM
I still havent gotten my BO rewards for the Azura Quest and the Vulcan Sector quest. Now I did not get the third one. I am missing the Uncommon BO from the Bridge Officer quest.

I have rebooted, checked inventory, and checked my assignments.

Nothing.....
Lt. Commander
# 65
01-31-2010, 10:33 AM
I hope all of you are going to the ingame Bug reporter and adding to the existing ticket for missing BOffs...
Lt. Commander
# 66
01-31-2010, 11:06 AM
BO rewards are 100% useless

you can get a BO cjeaply and equally cheaply train ANY skill you want then to
have at the BO trainer.

when they offer a RARE BO I laugh, I would rather have a regular ships weapon, at least I can sell that.

>>IF<< rare BO had skills you could not train, or races you could not make, maybe I could see
it.......but they don't so...they are cheap...even the rares.
Lt. Commander
# 67
01-31-2010, 11:08 AM
Out of the 5 times I *should* have received a BO as a quest reward and/or BO requisition, I have received zero. I have had to fill my ship slots with store bought BOs, and out of the 7 of those I've purchased, 4 have shown up in the Assignments tab. Somehow they're getting lost between the "confirm" button and the Assignments tab.
Lt. Commander
# 68
01-31-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieJohn
I have lost 2 BOff candidates from the New Officer missions you get after leveling up.

Both time I noticed that the officer was not in my inventory or in the assignments tab.

I had enough room for either officer (Had 3 BOff's and room for a 4th.) but they were not being allocated to me upon mission completion.

The missions I did where the BOff was a reward and I had to select from 3 different ones worked perfectly and I got the officer I wanted. It seems to only be the New Officer mission that is stuffing up for me.
What annoys me is I've yet to get one of those that's actually useful. Failing to actually get them would be a plus for me, but I've never had that particular bug.
Lt. Commander
# 69
01-31-2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
ZippyZ gets +1 to Awesome for that post.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Sadly, also -1 because many of us know this, but are sending bug reports that Officers we get as "Offer to join your crew!" are not showing up in the Assignments tab.

And they're the nice Green and Blue named ones.

Lt. Commander
# 70
01-31-2010, 03:06 PM
I have this problem too. My first BO in the tutorial never arrived, and then the reward for the Azura I didn't get either. The next one that did work for me was the first sector patrol mission. Then I didn't get the officer from the second Bridge officer requisition mission I got by leveling up.

So I'm only getting some of the BOs rewarded from missions.