Lt. Commander
# 1 worse then I thought....
01-29-2010, 02:03 PM
cant say I didnt see this coming but this is a pretty bad first impression. first off the Devs didnt think it would get bombed with logins at server birth? didnt think about the borg issue? I cant even delete a char! no access to my $239.00 perk for early access and the server is so unstable. just going on record, this game was a big deal and they should have caught these things.

I am an IT director in RL. my thought is be proactive, not reactive.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaackWidow View Post
I LoL'd. No really.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 02:06 PM
$239 perk? You mean a Borg captain? There are multiple Dev responses instructing how to access that feature.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Dude, you copied and pasted a post you did over here. And you pasted it in the Academy, too.

Not cool.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Got booted when entering Sol (had same problem in Beta) other than that played played the first 3 hours without a hitch.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 02:08 PM
I am also in IT and this really smalls like a budget issue, like lets not spend as much money upfront as we should.
Lets just wait and see what happens.
Really a shame too since I stayed home to play today and here I am unable to play.
I did get to log in create my character and then it bombed out.
Now steam made me wait to download a patch which took foreve, and now STO is forcing a new 9 gb patch.
9 gb is not a patch, thats a new game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaackWidow View Post
You must work for a multi-billion dollar transnational company with offices all over the globe that has untold numbers of dollars available to toss away on hookers, blow and as many servers, network switches, routers and workstations as there are employees at the company. So, where is this unparalleled golden land in which you work?

I'll gladly take your position, seeing as I am an IT Director with limited resources that continually is forced to pull miracles out of my behind with very limited resources. I can only imagine what I would be able to accomplish with your unlimited resources and my pull miracles out of my behind skills.

Of course, you probably see the future with such clarity that you always know exactly how many people will need to utilize a resource at all times and thus can always anticipate everything so perfectly.

Man... I wish I was that cool.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrigKiller84 View Post
I am also in IT and this really smalls like a budget issue, like lets not spend as much money upfront as we should.
Lets just wait and see what happens.
Really a shame too since I stayed home to play today and here I am unable to play.
I did get to log in create my character and then it bombed out.
Now steam made me wait to download a patch which took foreve, and now STO is forcing a new 9 gb patch.
9 gb is not a patch, thats a new game.
I hurd it on the Intarwebz that Steam is DELETING the entire STO installation after you disconnect from STO, something to do with Steams "wonderful" update to the latest version feature. Apparently, the version on the Steam Servers is different than the patched client from STO's servers... and Steam seems to think that it has the latest client, hence the 9GB download.

This is a Steam issue, not an STO issue.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2010, 02:16 PM
"Stop Whining!"
- Arnold Schwarzenegger -
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Played nice anfter some initial hickups due to huge amount of people trying to enter at the same time.

Yes. Steam did me the "thingie", but I had my old beta install ready just in case

My old crew is already back, so, untill I can get my old ship the way it was, I'm done for the moment.