Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 131
01-30-2010, 12:39 PM
I still think it's a rather boneheaded move to give us headstart access and the Joined Trill race when they're mutually exclusive... Those of us that plan to play a Joined Trill can't participate in the head start as the race we want to play.
Lt. Commander
# 132
01-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Ok i have to apologise for my earlyer venting / nerd rage session, ive had a chill and relaxed for a bit and now im thinking omg wow i realy got worked up and made a tit of myself.

however i do still think my original question stands,

What is the point of giving us an early start when we have to start all over again in 3 days?

thats all i was getting at.
Lt. Commander
# 133
02-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCorvus
No a lot of that would be Atari aka the distributors*. And lifetime members paid nearly $300 for a game I don't think has 18 months of content so they deserved something extra.

* In previous MMOs you would get your retail code early to do headstart. Apparently that was too difficult for Atari to organise. They can't just activate our bonuses on the pre-order codes because people would buy and cancel pre-orders to get the goodies.
Thats just it ..... you CANT cancel your pre-order (at least with Atari). Believe me I TRIED. If wasnt going to be able to play my joined trill I wanted to UPGRADE to the CE. they wouldnt even allow that.....

Easy solution is...NO REFUNDS. Only exchanges for the SAME item...like most software retailers have now anyway. So that whole "people would buy for bouns code then return.." is rubbish anyway. Just an excuse the retailers used.
Lt. Commander
# 134 Borg BO
02-01-2010, 10:54 AM
That is why I was smart enough to order from Amazon and get the Borg BO which you can add anytime and only gets really useful late game.
Lt. Commander
# 135
02-01-2010, 11:10 AM
I'm actually taking this opportunity to learn more about playing a tactical officer on my temporary junk toon before rolling my JT. Yeah, 4 days is a drag, but come on, it's just 4 days. Other people being ahead of me in level has no bearing on my enjoyment of the game at all. Tomorrow I'll be able to hit the ground running with my new character.
Lt. Commander
# 136
02-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Just because it didn't mention it on the sales pages or at the store does not make it "false advertising". It would have been if they flat out stated we'd get the stuff for head start. Implication is a shaddy tactic but legal none the less.

If you really think they should have posted it with the ad, then lets make sure they continue to state what the game can't/won't do. It won't cut your steak for you, it won't cure the common cold, it won't tell you why your lover is mad at you. What else?
Lt. Commander
# 137
02-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Those of you that played in Champions should have realized this. They did the same thing there too in the headstart. The worse thing is that the preorder items were pretty useless by the time headstart ended cause you leveled past the need for that stuff during the headstart.
Lt. Commander
# 138
02-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarty70 View Post
Just because it didn't mention it on the sales pages or at the store does not make it "false advertising". It would have been if they flat out stated we'd get the stuff for head start. Implication is a shaddy tactic but legal none the less.

If you really think they should have posted it with the ad, then lets make sure they continue to state what the game can't/won't do. It won't cut your steak for you, it won't cure the common cold, it won't tell you why your lover is mad at you. What else?

NO they should have posted it WITH the bounus items description on the SALES page...which is where people who bought the game BEFORE coming to the website and forums would have went first.

Thats like you going to a car dealership and me (the salesman) showing you a brochure of a sports car advertising a V8 engine if you pre-order now and have it in time for a race, so you buy one, and you get a V6 on delivery with a promise of a V8 later. WTF will be the reply... then I tell you... oh if you went to the car companies website you would have seen the FAQ where it stated that. And Oh by the way...we offered a V12 at the start of the race, but we wont let you cancel the V6 because you already signed up for it.

Sure I deliever what I said... you just didnt check the facts.

So with that said.... what part of this sentance (from Atari's sales site) sounds remotely like "you will get all your items AFTER headstart"...sounds the opposite to me.... and deceptive.

Pre-order offer:
Pre-order now and receive guaranteed access to the open beta, and access to the head-start weekend. Beta begins January 12, 2010 and runs through January 26, 2010. Head start will begin on January 29, 2010, and runs through launch.

Pre-order customers receive a registration card (or email) calling out the offer and delivering a UNIQUE code which will flag their account to receive all pre-order content. All bonus items and perks are non-transferable, non-tradable, and non-saleable items.

Star Trek Online - Digital Deluxe exclusive in-game items :

"Joined Trill" - a symbiote that grants you several lifetimes of experience.

Original Star Trek Uniform Set - Three uniforms from the original series (blue, red, yellow).

Exclusive "KHAAAN!" Emote - An unforgettable moment from the second Star Trek Film. This exclusive emote allows players to relive Kirk's unforgettable moment of fury, with the timeless cry: "KHAAAN!"

Exclusive Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote - Raise a glass like a Klingon! Greet other players with an exclusive Klingon gesture - the blood wine toast.

Unique Registry Prefix - Give your ship the coveted NX prefix, seen only on a handful of elite Starfleet vessels like the Defiant, 22nd century Enterprise, and Prometheus.

Unique Ship Item - Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range.
Lt. Commander
# 139
02-01-2010, 12:55 PM
The point is to level up before everyone who didn't pre-order, then laugh at them when they start?

Unless you planned on rolling a Joined-Trill, which I can understand.
Lt. Commander
# 140
02-01-2010, 01:08 PM
So how do you get the items after we get our codes? Do you activate it in game with your character using the C-Store and then make a new one? Or can you use it (like the GS ship or the TOS uniforms) on a character you have aready made?