Lt. Commander
# 51
01-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyrexNL View Post
I got my pre order bonus tho and don't have a lifetime sub
And incase you don't believe me Click Click
Very interesting, I stand corrected. That should be a mistake (and Cryptic has been known to make a few). As nice as it is, I would hate for Cryptic to "revoke" your ship until Feb 2, since you were not supposed to have it now (not that I would complain by not having mine).

I wonder if the Borg captain "error" is related to this?
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-29-2010, 04:58 PM
yah but i agree with a post earlier in this thread, wtf is the point? i pre-ordered the hardcopy, then when i wasn't going to get my key from the store (EB Games), i had to pre-order through Steam cause i wanted to participate in the beta so we wouldn't get another champions online launch, and here we are, star champions trekking online.

and now my pre-order bonuses and special items from BOTH copies of the game i have now, which are supposed to be merged together in my account, won't be available until the game officialy launches on the 2nd...

*breath in*

...which is 1 day after i go to camp to work in the 'patch for 2 weeks, unable to play at all, and my 4-day head start with a joined trill will actually be 10 days behind by the time i get back.

WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL lack of planning.
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFade
While I don't disagree about the unappealing title, I find your need to come in and poke the carcass with a stick rather curious.
It's a bad habit based on my exhaustion of rant threads and people having emotional meltdowns on public forums.. That... and I'm tired of "wtf" and "fail" be so FREAKING overused.

I'll see if I can resist poking the carcass next time...
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-29-2010, 05:13 PM
What's awesome is how many people are complaining like this is a big shocker when this was announced way before today. I'm sick of reading the same complaint over and over again in zone chat. Even I knew these items were not available today, and all I got was a deflector dish.
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-29-2010, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Very interesting, I stand corrected. That should be a mistake (and Cryptic has been known to make a few). As nice as it is, I would hate for Cryptic to "revoke" your ship until Feb 2, since you were not supposed to have it now (not that I would complain by not having mine).

I wonder if the Borg captain "error" is related to this?
Dunno if it is a Cryptic mistake, I just checked my mailbox when I got up this morning and my retailer had mailed me a key for the bonus item and the link for where I should enter it. But I will just have to wait and see if cryptic takes action against it.
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Although I don't think Cyptic exactly excels in communication with its customer base, they explained that these items would not be available for head start at least a month ago. Your retailer probably doesn't know what they're talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-29-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeko View Post
Don't lie, **** was the same, you couldn't get your bonus items in headstart, but **** only offered in-game items so it wasn't really a big deal.
Yes, you could not get your bonus items in **** but don't lie, the bonus items in **** were not your character race.

The real answer is that there is no advantage to be had for anyone who preordered for the advantage of an unique race. You can still save your name and play around until time to delete and start over.

Tricky logic for some people but he has a legit point.

I'm sure Cryptic did it this way to prevent people from ordering tons of preorders and then canceling all but one of them. It sucks but if any company has to chose to watch their back or your's I'm sure I know who's back they will watch.
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Sadly, none of the retailers selling the pre-orders apprises the purchaser that the bonus items won't be available during the head start period. It's not entirely Cryptic's fault, but there was clearly some communication breakdown in the proper info not getting to the retailers -- unless the retailers are being outright deceptive.
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmezed View Post
Sadly, none of the retailers selling the pre-orders apprises the purchaser that the bonus items won't be available during the head start period. It's not entirely Cryptic's fault, but there was clearly some communication breakdown in the proper info not getting to the retailers -- unless the retailers are being outright deceptive.
I seriously doubt that the multitudes of retailers who are in competition with each other conspired together to keep this information from their customers. In all likelihood, any blame lies with Cryptic. However, as was stated by Cryptic long ago, posted in the FAQ, talked about in the (now archived) pre-beta forums, and discussed in Open Beta itself, the pre-order bonus items are scheduled to be available February 2.
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-29-2010, 06:25 PM
I also thought I would be able to play as a Joined Trill today. I've read the forums but I wasn't clear on how this all works. I would've rather they charged my credit card already and let me get my bonuses.
So many are frustrated. So many are tempted to just cancel preorders. So many feel mislead.
Um, wait... I can cancel my preorder??