Lt. Commander
You tried. You failed but you tried. I just gave up and made a normal character since the Borg is just a skin anyway. I'd just like my $240 back. I sat on hold for 25 minutes with billing before giving up. I'll just pay a monthly subscription instead because with failure like that I doubt I'll be playing this game long enough to make up for the price anyway.

Appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 01:13 PM
That will certainly show them if you like the game enough to play more than 16 months.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 01:15 PM
Stick it to the man, champ.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 01:16 PM
Is the lifetime membership something that is even refundable? Just curious, I personally do not want to cancel mine at all, but I see a few threads were people announce they are about to cancel it. I was under the impression you were stuck with it.

Only a matter of hours in and people are ready to drop the game so willy nilly? Hasnt anyone doing this ever played an MMO before? Its almost always like this at the onset. For those who have actually never played an MMO before, and were maybe attracted to it because it is Star Trek, this is not how it will always be, it happens with most MMO's (especially the bigger ones). Its just initial hiccups, so you can relax, they (Cryptic) know what they are doing. Try not to let the trolling threads on these board affect you.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 01:18 PM
WOW you have a problem just into headstart and you cancell your lifetime Sub because you have to wait maybe a couple of hours to get your Borg that you will be able to play for a LIFETIME. I amean come on what is a couple of hours oe even days compared to a lifetime of playing.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Just wait till he tries to make a forth character.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Really? Really?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post
You tried. You failed but you tried. I just gave up and made a normal character since the Borg is just a skin anyway. I'd just like my $240 back. I sat on hold for 25 minutes with billing before giving up. I'll just pay a monthly subscription instead because with failure like that I doubt I'll be playing this game long enough to make up for the price anyway.

Appreciated.
At least you put your money where your mouth is.

I've read a lot of ranting on these forums this afternoon, but I don't see many with the courage of their convictions.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2010, 01:21 PM
Canceling it is simple.

Step 1: Ask Cryptic for a refund.
Step 2: Ignore them when they say no.
Step 3: Call up your credit card, and do a charge-back on the amount. Because you ordered a game that started at 10:00AM PST, with a certain setup, and did not receive it.

Wait a couple days, at which point Cryptics billing department becomes REALLY annoyed with you. (I wouldn't expect the account to remain in good standing, but c'est la vie.)
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post

Appreciated.
So you'll give up a lifetime subscription over 25 minutes of waiting?

Patience is a virtue ...
Closed Thread