Lt. Commander
# 11
01-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post
You tried. You failed but you tried. I just gave up and made a normal character since the Borg is just a skin anyway. I'd just like my $240 back.
Never buy into "Hype"
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus-Dax View Post
So you'll give up a lifetime subscription over 25 minutes of waiting?

Patience is a virtue ...
Indeed. Im thinking if these people have reactions like this, then an MMO is likely not the type of game they should be playing!
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Quote:
You tried. You failed but you tried. I just gave up and made a normal character since the Borg is just a skin anyway. I'd just like my $240 back. I sat on hold for 25 minutes with billing before giving up. I'll just pay a monthly subscription instead because with failure like that I doubt I'll be playing this game long enough to make up for the price anyway.

Appreciated.
Yeah I guess the special abilitys of the borg and ship skills are just part of the 'skin'.

Have fun.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinosOne
At least you put your money where your mouth is.

I've read a lot of ranting on these forums this afternoon, but I don't see many with the courage of their convictions.
I wouldn't give him too much credit unless he proves he actually cancelled. Even still since he'll still be playing the game it's more likely he just had buyers remorse and is using this as an excuse to get a refund.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Well at least you can play.... Us steam users are sitting here with a 10gig download..... taking forever...

But i will never give up, and also it is normal to have server login problems etc at start.

And since the borg is available from C-Store as a special unlock, and ever if it was not, i do not really see your problem, you must be fairly new to MMO's.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Quote:
You tried. You failed but you tried. I just gave up and made a normal character since the Borg is just a skin anyway. I'd just like my $240 back. I sat on hold for 25 minutes with billing before giving up. I'll just pay a monthly subscription instead because with failure like that I doubt I'll be playing this game long enough to make up for the price anyway.

Appreciated.
Will waiting a day or two really kill you?

It's only a game!
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-29-2010, 01:28 PM
I've said this since halfway into the Beta.....

Head Start will be an absolute failure. I termed it "Rough Start". As we got closer to ending the Beta phase I felt that Head Start would fail. Cryptic needed 2 to 6 more weeks of Beta testing. Instead, they rushed it through and STO might go the way of Anarchy Online, a game with the worst rollout in history.

Beta is one thing, but Head Start is money. You paid for the pre-trial with the idea of playing earlier than the masses. I hope Cryptic extends the Head Start but I know they can't - it's too late. Instead, they might be able to offer either free time and/or in-game items.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormnut View Post
Just wait till he tries to make a forth character.
Actually...I have 4 slots available...
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-29-2010, 01:29 PM
What a *****, why should they give you a refund, the game doesnt even actually start till Feb 2nd no one is making you play till then.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus-Dax View Post
So you'll give up a lifetime subscription over 25 minutes of waiting?

Patience is a virtue ...
Actually it's been well over 3 hours now. I had two people waiting on me for 2 hours to quest before I gave up. I'd say I gave plenty of warning. The subscription came with the stipulation that I could make a Borg for headstart. I could not and simply want a refund on the lifetime subscription because I'm not going back to create a new character.

I don't care if you agree, but you WILL respect that fact because this is America.
Closed Thread