Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
01-29-2010, 02:33 PM
He may have a case since he has 30 days of gametime that *arguably* come before the lifetime takes effect.

But, honestly, I don't think a lifetime subscription is a wise purchase if a few bugs or some downtime make you regret it.

I went into this knowing there might be content gaps or bugs or that the server might fill up or be inaccessible a few times around launch. I think if you had doubts already or were considering quitting if things went rough, a monthly subscription is infinitely more sensible. And ultimately, a part of a monthly sub is the ability to threaten to quit.

Cryptic might honor some of these requests right now. But I'd assume that part of the point of a lifetime sub is that you are willingly stating that you're giving up your right to quit. And even if they honor some of these cold feet backouts now, they ultimately can't, shouldn't and aren't obligated to because you entered into a mutual pact.

You don't quit and they give you some perks and everything after the 17th month free. And you got the perks because you were willing to commit blind. If you wanted to see how things went, you should have waited for the perk-free $300 lifetime package.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
01-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus-Dax View Post
So you'll give up a lifetime subscription over 25 minutes of waiting?

Patience is a virtue ...
3.5 hours now
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
01-29-2010, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post
I don't care if you agree, but you WILL respect that fact because this is America.
LOL I'm glad I'm at work right now because these forums are pure comedic gold right now.

I bet by the time the borg are available to play most hardcore players will be getting close to their tier 2 ships.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
01-29-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post
Actually it's been well over 3 hours now. I had two people waiting on me for 2 hours to quest before I gave up. I'd say I gave plenty of warning. The subscription came with the stipulation that I could make a Borg for headstart. I could not and simply want a refund on the lifetime subscription because I'm not going back to create a new character.

I don't care if you agree, but you WILL respect that fact because this is America.
Er... What difference does it make if this is America or Argentina?

You have an opinion. Nobody could change your mind whether you're in Texas or anywhere from Botswana to Thailand, Milan or Amsterdam.

People have opinions everywhere. Opinions are like forehead lobes, every Ferengi has one.

I'm not sure that being in America gives you any more right to an opinion than people anywhere else have. And if you can have opinions, other people aren't required to respect your opinion aside from the fact that you have one or America isn't that free to begin with, is it?

Anyway, if you have an issue, the only person whose response matters is the Cryptic support specialist you talk to. And that may take a couple of hours on hold because there are likely people on the phone ahead of you with opinions too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
01-29-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post
I don't care if you agree, but you WILL respect that fact because this is America.
Actually, THIS isn't America ...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
01-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
He may have a case since he has 30 days of gametime that *arguably* come before the lifetime takes effect.

But, honestly, I don't think a lifetime subscription is a wise purchase if a few bugs or some downtime make you regret it.

I went into this knowing there might be content gaps or bugs or that the server might fill up or be inaccessible a few times around launch. I think if you had doubts already or were considering quitting if things went rough, a monthly subscription is infinitely more sensible. And ultimately, a part of a monthly sub is the ability to threaten to quit.

Cryptic might honor some of these requests right now. But I'd assume that part of the point of a lifetime sub is that you are willingly stating that you're giving up your right to quit. And even if they honor some of these cold feet backouts now, they ultimately can't, shouldn't and aren't obligated to because you entered into a mutual pact.

You don't quit and they give you some perks and everything after the 17th month free. And you got the perks because you were willing to commit blind. If you wanted to see how things went, you should have waited for the perk-free $300 lifetime package.

not threatening to quit, but i am extremely disappointed, this roll out for lifetime subs could have and should have been handled FAR better.

between this and steam my "head start" is far shorter then it should have been on the first day, the only advantage is i am headed out to dinner and wouldn't be playing anyhow, and more importantly, with the typical start day problems hadn't planned on doing much more then make my toon for the first few hours anyway, instead when i am able to play i will have to make my toon first, assuming my borg is unlocked and available at that point. if it isn't my disappointment will just be further amplified. but i'll live.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
01-29-2010, 02:46 PM
mwhahaha another borg thread:
Like i said in another post:
I Look at it like this.
The game doesnt actually start until like feb 1st or 2nd right?
but you have an insider friend that calls you up and says:
"hey man, you can start playing STO, but you will be limited as to what races you can start with.. cool thing though is you get a 4 day head start! you can collect loots, learn more about how you will develop your character, etc."
Would you say: "Screw that, my time is too precious to waste on a non borg character"
Or would you say: LETS GET SOME!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
01-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post
You tried. You failed but you tried. I just gave up and made a normal character since the Borg is just a skin anyway. I'd just like my $240 back. I sat on hold for 25 minutes with billing before giving up. I'll just pay a monthly subscription instead because with failure like that I doubt I'll be playing this game long enough to make up for the price anyway.

Appreciated.
Wow, someone who's actually more reactionary than half the furries I know. I didn't think it was possible. I have nothing against furries, have a bunch as friends. But geeze you're reactionary.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
01-29-2010, 02:51 PM
Foolish OP.

If you bought Lifetime for the borg race, you are an idiot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
01-29-2010, 03:08 PM
I have a lifetime and I'm not even going to roll a Borg for awhile....

I've seen Rekhan around here with instructions in a few threads to access the Borg, doesn't that work? I would try to confirm, but I'm still waiting on my Steam download regrettably.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:58 AM.