Cryptic Studios Team
Please leave all of your bugs, comments, concerns, and feedback here!

Dyson Sphere Battlezone:
  • A battlezone is a persistent ground combat zone where players battle enemy NPC?s for control of the map.
    • Players can currently reach the zone by talking to Voth Defectors in Earth Space Dock or Qo'Nos.
    • The battlezone is intended for level 50 players and can hold up to twenty players per instance.
    • Each player can bring two bridge officers and can team with up to five players without losing them.
      • Meaning a team of 5 players will total 15 including bridge officers
      • The team UI will show your two bridge officers and your player teammates but no their bridge officers.
    • Each capture point scales to the number of players that are around it, starting from 1 and capping at 5.
  • The goal of the zone is to capture and maintain 18 out of 21 points on the map. This will trigger the final stage, where players must defeat at least one of the three boss fights to succeed. After this, the zone will go into a cooldown state before resetting the capture points to begin again.
  • Players can earn dilithium for the daily missions and Voth Marks by participating in capturing points

Last edited by salamiinferno; 10-18-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
10-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Hello everyone!

Commander Ander here. I'm the content designer in charge of the battlezone (bolded for dramatic effect). We've all worked hard to deliver what you're seeing today, and we're continuing to work on improving the battlezone as much as we can! (As we speak, I have it up on my other screen)

The battlezone is very different from our previous adventure zones, and we're excited to see your reactions and feedback to it. I'm personally excited about seeing a full team of five people who each have their bridge officers.

What works? What doesn't work? What feels weird? Let us know! I will be keeping close tabs on this thread and responding every now and then.

So, pile on the feedback, and I may or may not see you in game!

Commander Ander
Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer
Empire Veteran
# 3
10-18-2013, 05:24 PM
Do special supplies unlock when we have control of the zone?
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Cryptic Studios Team
# 4
10-18-2013, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
Do special supplies unlock when we have control of the zone?
Capturing the zone, and defeating the boss(es) that spawn as a result, are one of many ways players will be able to own the special tokens needed to purchase their elite sets of gear from the Dyson Sphere Reputation. It also rewards a good amount of Marks, Dilithium Ore, and a Daily Commendation if you still need one for the day.

It's also really dang fun.

The zone resets a few minutes after control is gained and the boss(es) are defeated. Since it's a persistent area, the action has to continue to circulate.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Empire Veteran
# 5
10-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Capturing the zone, and defeating the boss(es) that spawn as a result, are one of many ways players will be able to own the special tokens needed to purchase their elite sets of gear from the Dyson Sphere Reputation. It also rewards a good amount of Marks, Dilithium Ore, and a Daily Commendation if you still need one for the day.

It's also really dang fun.

The zone resets a few minutes after control is gained and the boss(es) are defeated. Since it's a persistent area, the action has to continue to circulate.
Okay. Thank you.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Career Officer
# 6
10-18-2013, 07:45 PM
Hectic fun. When there are lots of players there, it feels more like a warzone than a battlezone.

I don't quite understand some of the enemies' tactics (and their tells) even after reading the Dev Blog on them, but I suppose that will come with time. I keep getting one-shotted by the Spec Ops Voth and have no clue how to prepare or counter for it.

The mech enemies are my favourite - they are quite fun, with their directional shielding, and it's awesome fighting with something so huge... but I still feel something's missing, such as a bazooka (or some similar heavy weaponry with an ammo mechanic). I just think that they look so huge and epic, that a boss battle with gimmick could be made out of them. A bazooka would feel perfect for blowing them up, or at least weakening their armour to increase the effectiveness of our normal weapons for x amount of time? Oh well, one can dream.

I still stand by my belief that we should have ground-based vehicles like the Argo to fight some super-Voth Voth Example: http://imgur.com/qtlhbxi (Champions Online has similar, so it's certainly possible.
----
Empire Veteran
# 7
10-18-2013, 07:53 PM
just did it for 2 hrs or so. i have no idea how long i was in there.

1) There is one area in the far north east (art batteries) that I couldn't disable 5 of them because there was only 4.

2) The first machine that you fight in the traintrack one one-hits everyone dead. please stop that.

3) Their are "things" on the ground. X's. T's. You walk through them and you pick up stuff automatically. My question is: Why? Seems like a strange mechanic.

Also, i guess there is no way to get to the space adventure zone from there, eh?

Also, I bet with alot of people in those zone swarming objectives, it will make the servers cry for the first few months.

All in all, way too fun. WAY Waaaay too fun.

I want to be a swarmer when i grow up. Seems like an easy job. Nobody knows you or cares that you are even around. And you still pick up a paycheck.
Career Officer
# 8
10-18-2013, 08:26 PM
Eh, whats the logic used when the two BOffs come with you?

It seems to always pick the same two. One of which I don't want, but keep around and is not stationed in the standard away team group. We will ever get to choose which two like in other maps?

In addition when you beam down and go to stations, the assignments for the standard away team aren't correct. Showing the first boff you have selected correctly and security team for the remaining three. Then when you select the drop down on the second boff, the rest populate with the correct values.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Cryptic Studios Team
# 9
10-18-2013, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
Eh, whats the logic used when the two BOffs come with you?
None. Once you enter the zone the proper way you get to choose your boffs. For now, while everything is in a testing state the boffs will be picked for you.
Lieutenant
# 10
10-18-2013, 09:10 PM
Stayed up well past my bedtime to play this (YaY Wife Agro) so Ill have to keep it brief for now noticed that i only had one Boff with me and when we beat the big dino i did not receive a token had a question mark where the token icon would be and a note that said fill out a bug report HAHA so here I am....report filed

overall loved it