Starfleet Veteran
# 11
10-18-2013, 09:16 PM
I only joined a battle zone once, but only one boff went with me. I was lucky and he was LeRoy, but if I would have brought Powderpuff I would have eben in trouble.
PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
End the war with the KDF and FED, allow cross faction teams, as the queues permit.
Career Officer
# 12
10-18-2013, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Capturing the zone, and defeating the boss(es) that spawn as a result, are one of many ways players will be able to own the special tokens needed to purchase their elite sets of gear from the Dyson Sphere Reputation. It also rewards a good amount of Marks, Dilithium Ore, and a Daily Commendation if you still need one for the day.

It's also really dang fun.

The zone resets a few minutes after control is gained and the boss(es) are defeated. Since it's a persistent area, the action has to continue to circulate.
I didn't get a daily commendation for doing this.
----
Cryptic Studios Team
# 13
10-18-2013, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
I didn't get a daily commendation for doing this.
Did you complete the control of the zone, and fight the boss? I think that's the only way this zone grants a Daily Commendation.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Captain
# 14
10-18-2013, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Did you complete the control of the zone, and fight the boss? I think that's the only way this zone grants a Daily Commendation.
I also finished this and it said invisible token file a bug report
Career Officer
# 15
10-18-2013, 09:31 PM
Seems pretty fun. I was able to capture a couple of points with some help, makes sense that it's too hard most of the time alone. Though the generator-pushing objectives seemed a lot easier to do alone-ish than the capture-point ones.

Soon after I started playing, the artillery-generator objectives stopped working. The generators were stuck in a loop of shutting themselves down, and the counter would read like 178/5 generators disabled.

I like the little lore tidbits you can find once some zones are captured. And the little side-missions of protecting a researcher or swarmer-reprogrammer are cool, too.

Took me a while to figure out what the glowy things on the ground are (battle support tokens and power-ups). A good disappearing animation would help make it clear when you step over them. I know the buffs show up on you, but it's not always clear when you 'scoop them up'. Having the tokens 'pop' when picked up instead of fade away would make this clearer.
Career Officer
# 16
10-18-2013, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
None. Once you enter the zone the proper way you get to choose your boffs. For now, while everything is in a testing state the boffs will be picked for you.
Thanks for the info,

I noticed this: http://imgur.com/545OTU4

It looks like the textures are missing and I am only getting the base 3d model. Not sure if it's a bug or if you just left out the detail for the time being. I'll try to catch the name of the mob.

Edit: Voth Spec Ops and Bio Engineered Dankanasour, I could have sworn I went up against these guys before and they had full textures/models

Love the random pickups laying around.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Last edited by phantomeight; 10-18-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
10-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Several points in the park, I found I was able to get stuck in ferns - they would let me walk in, but then wouldn't let me out. Crouching, rolling, nothing seems to work. And with the beam up button grayed out the only recourse was to log out and wait to be dumped back to ESD (though it doesn't seem to do this, I log back into the battlezone no matter how long I've waited. possibly because it's a persistent zone?).

Edit: to follow up, after a couple relogs I spawned on top of the fern instead of in it and was able to escape. Still, some wonky clipping on some of them.

Last edited by hevach; 10-18-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 18
10-18-2013, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
Thanks for the info,

I noticed this: http://imgur.com/545OTU4

It looks like the textures are missing and I am only getting the base 3d model. Not sure if it's a bug or if you just left out the detail for the time being. I'll try to catch the name of the mob.

Edit: Voth Spec Ops and Bio Engineered Dankanasour, I could have sworn I went up against these guys before and they had full textures/models

Love the random pickups laying around.
Whoops! That would be an older, test model that we had. I claimed to have removed all of the older models, but it looks like I was wrong. Very nice find!
Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer
Ensign
# 19
10-18-2013, 10:42 PM
I played and it was fun, but I couldn't figure out how to have my bridge officers come with me. None of them beamed down with me and I tried logging out and in and beaming up and down. I do like the drops, but the command credits don't seem very useful at the moment, and to get the upper level characters to come seems steep, especially if they disappear every hour or two hours. And the drops themselves seemed a little hard to see, and a little collection sound would be nice. Other than that it was great, and I could for sure see myself spending a lot of time there. It has a really different feel to it, which is great.
Captain
# 20
10-19-2013, 12:05 AM
Also getting the only 1 boff bug, have tried leaving and returning and always the only one to come with me is the one i can never get rid of, tovan.
Fed Fleet: Kodiak Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20) | KDF Fleet: Imperial Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20)