Cryptic Studios Team
Soldiers, and Dinos, and Mechs, oh my! Have bugs, feedback, concerns, or suggestions about this group? Leave them here!
Empire Veteran
# 2
10-18-2013, 05:09 PM
are they available for testing yet?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 3
10-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
are they available for testing yet?
As soon as the new build comes up on tribble, you'll be able to test them.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 4
10-18-2013, 05:24 PM
Hey all, just a heads up - all the Voth ground troops in the battleground are a little beefier than they would be anywhere outside of the Battlezone. This is due to the group size and the open nature of the zone - if you were to encounter the ground Voth outside of the battlezone, they'd be about the same damage and health as other normal critter groups (though still with their unique mechanics).
Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
Empire Veteran
# 5
10-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
As soon as the new build comes up on tribble, you'll be able to test them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
Hey all, just a heads up - all the Voth ground troops in the battleground are a little beefier than they would be anywhere outside of the Battlezone. This is due to the group size and the open nature of the zone - if you were to encounter the ground Voth outside of the battlezone, they'd be about the same damage and health as other normal critter groups (though still with their unique mechanics).
Cool... I'm patching it now glad its come this far I was getting very bored
Lieutenant
# 6
10-19-2013, 01:40 AM
Where do we go to find the sphere?

I've been flying around for ages with no luck
Career Officer
# 7
10-19-2013, 02:04 AM
Overall, in a way the Voth Troops were easy in that they didn't kill you fast, but on the other hand they weren't easy to take down either. It was sort of like spam without the spam, if you know what I mean?

Voth:

The Voth Medics didn't spam heal at all, but thought it odd that you fought more medics than troops.

The Voth Commanders were not easy to take down, but their Orbital Strike graphics need to be adjusted, the AoE is far greater than the displayed targeting circle. And it needs to be far more apparent, given the intensity of the battle, it's not noticeable at times.

Really not sure how to suggest any improvements with these guys. The Medic and Commander were tough, but the others were wimps and uninteresting.

The Mechs:

The Cera wasn't much of a threat at all, just a mortar spammer. Though thought it funny when one jumped on top of the generator building and attacked from above. Perhaps if that was more of a norm?

But the Dac was quite a tough nut to crack. Was rather clever to have the shield push you back while the Voth reclaim the capture point. However, it has one major weakness that can be exploited, and that is the Engineer Cover Shield. If you drop a CS along the path, it protects you from the repelling action of the Dac shield and you can get right next to it and drop bombs or spam turrets.

The Mini Boss Mechs, just a bigger Cera that was as much of a wimp.

Be funny (probably annoying as well) if they could push you off the spire ledge and make you fall to your doom. But currently you just end up sandwiched against the walls.

Also be nice if there was some kind of weak spot to exploit with the shooter mode.

Dinos:

The Dans were....... more bark than their bite. On rare times, they could land a decent hit, but overall they were wimps.

The Furis, at first I thought they were Rex's, but they just spammed lasers. Wasn't quite a challenge. Was fun riflebutting them to death.

The Rex's, was a good choice for a boss battle. They did not go down easy. But offensively, eh I just didn't feel anything.

If I had to suggest improvements with the Dinos, it would be this:

Dan's, have them long-range leap and pin you down like a Raptor would. You got the Mugato to do that, why not these guys?

Furi's, pin down like a Dan, but give them a swiping capability with their tail and give you a small knockback. Perhaps with a 1 second recovery as you "snap out of it".

Rex's, have them the ability to pin you down. Give them the ability to bite you and toss you HIGH in the air! (Fall damage baby!) And let them do some major knockbacks as they swipe you with that tail! Talking baseball HOME RUN!
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!
Lieutenant
# 8
10-19-2013, 07:44 AM
I think the zone needs a bit more variety in the nature of the missions.

Something more along the lines of Defera would help, side missions or the like to make things more interesting.

As it stands it's hold and area, deactivate generators or move a generator then boss fight.

Some fun little sub missions like the defera easy and medium missions might make for a more interesting experience.
Lore accolades or something might be nice.

I've also found that the Park V-Rex tends not to spawn once the other territories are captured.

Over all it is very good but unlike Defera I can see it getting stale very quickly.
Career Officer
# 9
10-20-2013, 10:02 AM
in one of the cutscenes "Voth" was spelled "voth".

had the battlegrounds not reset. "medics" claiming the omega particles. no v-rex spawn.

but it looks AWESOME
There is no QA there is only ZUUL
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Is something wrong with the ground Zone?

Not much to do. the whole map is blue with only 3 small red zones.

Does the Zone need to be reset or am I missing some thing.