Lt. Commander
# 31
01-29-2010, 04:39 PM
I don't understand the marketing strategy here. If we have applied the pre-order code to our accounts and have access to the headstart, why doesn't Cryptic want us to enjoy the full game during headstart by simply allowing us to apply our retail code to the same account.

Can't access be controlled by a different method? Such as a logic test to see if the pre-order code was applied prior to the headstart date and the account has the appropriate retail key as well?

(I'd question the insipid use of the term 'Connie' to refer to a Constitution Class starship, except I already know that the Internet is ruled by illiteracy.)
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorofAsgard View Post
Sniff.

Ahhhhh, she's a thing of beauty, she is.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-29-2010, 04:54 PM
Well those street date violators are welcome to have their Connies before I get mine but...WHY CAN'T I HAVE MY ADMIRAL'S UNIFORM?! =(
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-29-2010, 05:25 PM
I think it's ridiculous that we can't have the pre-order items early. I have no desire to play in the headstart since I can't make the character I want to make.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquatic
I don't understand the marketing strategy here. If we have applied the pre-order code to our accounts and have access to the headstart, why doesn't Cryptic want us to enjoy the full game during headstart by simply allowing us to apply our retail code to the same account.

Can't access be controlled by a different method? Such as a logic test to see if the pre-order code was applied prior to the headstart date and the account has the appropriate retail key as well?

(I'd question the insipid use of the term 'Connie' to refer to a Constitution Class starship, except I already know that the Internet is ruled by illiteracy.)
Because, you could effectivly cancel the pre-order (i.e. not pick it up) still and would get a free Constitution if they let you do that.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-29-2010, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't leap to the conclusion of some Game stop Conspiracy. Stop to think what other type of employee might have access too all of the different in game Bonuses, then cross reference it with where the Lifetime Members purchased their service. You will notice there is a common link which would provide "bonus" items prior to retail release.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archermoo View Post
For that matter it could be a Cryptic employee...
but why would a Cryptic employee do that when they can spawn themselves as a borg sphere.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquatic
Not illiteracy, laziness. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niblik View Post
Sniff.

Ahhhhh, she's a thing of beauty, she is.
To be honest, I don't really care for that design, but it is FAR nicer looking than the other starter tier ships.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Probably is nobody breaking anything. Gamestop has a habit of shipping pre-orders early so that it'll get to the person on release day. If someone orders the next day delivery, sometimes they get it afew days early. That's likely what happened here.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-29-2010, 06:18 PM
I did my pre-order through Gamestop. I stopped by their shop on the way home from work today. They informed me their pre-order wouldn't be available until 2 Feb. I'm logged in and playing on my pre-order key in the good ol Miranda.