Lt. Commander
# 41
01-29-2010, 06:18 PM
oh god, make it stop redownloading.. my buddy called while at was at work and warned me about this, tried just running the startrekonline.exe, had to download 3.7GB. when the game finally launched, it wouldnt connect to the login server.

thought maybe i HAVE to have steam running, now im at 76%.

BOOO FREAKIN HOOO!!

Can someone call me a WAAAMBULANCE!
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Could be the DDE version from Gamestop.
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Rook View Post
Because, you could effectivly cancel the pre-order (i.e. not pick it up) still and would get a free Constitution if they let you do that.
But, um, then they wouldn't get to play past headstart, so it wouldn't benefit them any. This fails to adequately explain the situation.

I think it's more likely that they didn't take the time to track what pre-order sites got what pre-order codes. Laziness on logistics' part.
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-29-2010, 06:34 PM
If you upgrade the beam weapons on the connie do they still remain blue?
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-29-2010, 06:34 PM
Any chance we can get the stats for the Connie? I hear its the same as the starters, I just don't wanna believe it.
Lt. Commander
Yeah. In Canada, EB Games told me that I would get the Constitution, but guess what I didn't get? THE CONSTITUTION I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION I WAS BUYING! Alas, I put up a ticket for it, but I'm sure by the time it gets looked at, the constitution wont be avail anymore or something. In the mean time, has anyone noticed how PLANET VULCAN HAS LICHTS THAT CAN BE SEEN FROM ORBIT THAT ARE REALLY JUST A COPY-PASTE OF THE EUROPEAN LIGHTS ON THE PLANET EARTH MODEL TEXTURES? TAKE A LOOK, YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE ITALY! LOOK FOR A BOOT SHAPED COUNTRY!

LOL
cheeck it out. the image of ITALY ON VULCAN is in my photobucket link!

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...9-21-26-31.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroguex View Post
But, um, then they wouldn't get to play past headstart, so it wouldn't benefit them any. This fails to adequately explain the situation.

I think it's more likely that they didn't take the time to track what pre-order sites got what pre-order codes. Laziness on logistics' part.
you are thinking in terms of people who would only pre-order one game.

There have been people who pre-ordered from every retailer. They could cancel all but one and still get all the other pre-orders if they didn't need the retail key. As I said in another thread there were better ways to do it, for example allowing the retailers to release the game early to the people who pre-ordered it, which would also allow them to charge them when the released the game.
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpharaider47 View Post
Any chance we can get the stats for the Connie? I hear its the same as the starters, I just don't wanna believe it.
same as the other starters except blue phasers and a extra engineering equipment slot
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-29-2010, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrem View Post
you are thinking in terms of people who would only pre-order one game.

There have been people who pre-ordered from every retailer. They could cancel all but one and still get all the other pre-orders if they didn't need the retail key. As I said in another thread there were better ways to do it, for example allowing the retailers to release the game early to the people who pre-ordered it, which would also allow them to charge them when the released the game.
Now that is what I was hoping they'd do. For example I pre-ordered from Gamestop, so what would've been nice would be that I walk in, show my receipt as proof of having purchased the whole game, and walk out with a nice, shiny STO CE box with the Connie code, and have all that happen today. Rather than on Tuesday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrem View Post
same as the other starters except blue phasers and a extra engineering equipment slot
And it looks better than the other three.
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-29-2010, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Rook View Post
Because, you could effectivly cancel the pre-order (i.e. not pick it up) still and would get a free Constitution if they let you do that.
So?

You get a months free play with the pre-orders, so if you order from a shop you can return it within the month and get a refund by saying something like "It doesnt work". So, there is no logic to your argument.

It still doesnt explain why people who have payed for the game and have downloaded the game already cant have their retail keys now.