Lt. Commander
# 51
01-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuchulainnDarklight View Post
So?

You get a months free play with the pre-orders, so if you order from a shop you can return it within the month and get a refund by saying something like "It doesnt work". So, there is no logic to your argument.

It still doesnt explain why people who have payed for the game and have downloaded the game already cant have their retail keys now.
No you cant. any mmo thats open, the best you could get is a new coppy of the disk. I work at a customer service desk and we can only replace a open computer game with a new copy of the same game, which we open befor we let you have. And its not optional, its Federal copyright law.
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by draculla View Post
No you cant. any mmo thats open, the best you could get is a new coppy of the disk. I work at a customer service desk and we can only replace a open computer game with a new copy of the same game, which we open befor we let you have. And its not optional, its Federal copyright law.
Well, like the majority of people, I couldnt care about "federal" law as I do not live in the US.

My statutory consumer rights allow me to return any purchase that "I" deem faulty for a full refund within a certain period of time after purchase. After that time is elapsed I can still return it for a replacement, or store credit for a longer period of time, but most retailers have a "no quibble" policy over returns for this longer period which means you do get a full refund, so that customers do not shop in the shop next door that does have one.
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Just happy atari gave me tracking number today and date for delivery is feb 2nd.
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-29-2010, 09:32 PM
all these people complaing about not getting their connie on the second, they aren't bothering to ship the collectors edition to australia till the 18th feb! seriously buck up people! not the end of the world waiting one week, waiting 3 weeks however to get my voyager uniform... I won't even get to use the connie for the first toon I start cause it'll be 3 weeks late.
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-29-2010, 09:34 PM
i saw one to wish i had mine
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-29-2010, 10:05 PM
DEV comment on early release of Constitution Class for some? If its Cryptic employees I could care less. I'm sure they are working their butts off behind the scenes even if people have gripes about the game so far. If its Gamestop employees breaking the rules then run a quere on their accounts and suspend them until the 2nd for trying to cheat the system and everyone else that has to wait on their Items.
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-29-2010, 10:14 PM
Gorgeous. Wish I had mine
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Doesn't matter to me.
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-29-2010, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Rook View Post
Because, you could effectivly cancel the pre-order (i.e. not pick it up) still and would get a free Constitution if they let you do that.
If you apply the retail key you can no longer cancel the pre-order, because the key can not be returned. It's not hard to figure out.
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-29-2010, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuchulainnDarklight View Post
Well, like the majority of people, I couldnt care about "federal" law as I do not live in the US.

My statutory consumer rights allow me to return any purchase that "I" deem faulty for a full refund within a certain period of time after purchase. After that time is elapsed I can still return it for a replacement, or store credit for a longer period of time, but most retailers have a "no quibble" policy over returns for this longer period which means you do get a full refund, so that customers do not shop in the shop next door that does have one.
It doesn't work that way for software. Once you've opened the package, no return or refund. You can get a replacement copy of the media if the media is damaged or otherwise faulty, but you won't get a new activation code and you will not get a refund or store credit. Unless you live in China. Are you a chinese gold farmer?