Commander
# 31
10-23-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icepiraka View Post
Someone posted this on the STO reddit: http://imgur.com/7uIwPsq

So the set bonuses only affect the damage and crits on photon damage, nothing else. Not a huge change in function IMO.

But again, the true power of this torp may shine when it's modified with TS (like Romulan plasma) or HY (like Omega plasma), so I'm interested in seeing that specifically.
Great post, thanks. This could boost the playability of the Photon Torpedo.

This would make for an interesting Photon Torpedo Boat, fore positions. Couple this set with a (warning: many spoilers) Vulnerability Locator or Exploiter console and the results would be interesting.

Side note: The Experimental Weapon is a turret that shoots beams arrays. I wonder if it delivers the Target SS ability also. A 360 degree beam that could deliver Target SS would be very powerful, too powerful for development I thought. If developed, I always thought such a weapon would have much lower dps than turrets because of the added Target SS ability. But this weapon utilizes Rapid Cannon Fire, and it will be interesting to see what Cryptic has done to it.
Joined STO in September 2010.

Last edited by gerwalk0769; 10-23-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Career Officer
# 32
10-23-2013, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerwalk0769 View Post
Great post, thanks. This could boost the playability of the Photon Torpedo.

This would make for an interesting Photon Torpedo Boat, fore positions. Couple this set with a (warning: many spoilers) Vulnerability Locator or Exploiter console and the results would be interesting.

Side note: The Experimental Weapon is a turret that shoots beams arrays. I wonder if it delivers the Target SS ability also. A 360 degree beam that could deliver Target SS would be very powerful, too powerful for development I thought. If developed, I always thought such a weapon would have much lower dps than turrets because of the added Target SS ability. But this weapon utilizes Rapid Cannon Fire, and it will be interesting to see what Cryptic has done to it.
The more I think of it, the more I am going to make an Armitage Torpedo boat exactly like this.
Republic Veteran
# 33
10-23-2013, 10:53 PM
Has anyone obtained the torpedo yet? Sorta curious if it does work with THY and TS, and what the cooldown on the torp is.
Career Officer
# 34
10-23-2013, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Has anyone obtained the torpedo yet? Sorta curious if it does work with THY and TS, and what the cooldown on the torp is.
Not yet. I found a way to get the dilithium, but now I'm 10 marks short, and with the Spire being impossible for me to get into and the battleground never working, I can't get those last ten marks.
Commander
# 35
10-25-2013, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladymyajha View Post
Not yet. I found a way to get the dilithium, but now I'm 10 marks short, and with the Spire being impossible for me to get into and the battleground never working, I can't get those last ten marks.
any update on this?
Career Officer
# 36
10-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperordeslok View Post
any update on this?
Not yet. I'm just waking up, and as of yesterday (pre-patch) I couldn't get into Storming the Spire and the BG was broken. I'll try today after work.
Career Officer
# 37
10-25-2013, 04:26 PM
according to tribble notes for the Oct 25th patch TS and THY work with the torpedo no idea on the CD yet though.
Captain
# 38
10-26-2013, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapla1755 View Post
according to tribble notes for the Oct 25th patch TS and THY work with the torpedo no idea on the CD yet though.
Tribble notes also indicate that the Gravimetric rift functions indeed like a Gravimetric well and pulls enemies towards it. Furthermore HY buffed gravimetric torpedoes seem to be targetable bigshots with AoE damage., similiar to plasma torpedoes.
Career Officer
# 39
10-26-2013, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenw0lf View Post
Tribble notes also indicate that the Gravimetric rift functions indeed like a Gravimetric well and pulls enemies towards it. Furthermore HY buffed gravimetric torpedoes seem to be targetable bigshots with AoE damage., similiar to plasma torpedoes.
It does indeed.

First off it's your typical Mk XII photon torpedo launcher at its base, with the 8 second cool down. The rift does fire about 33% of the time, so don't count on it to fire off, but when it does it's nice. It does act as a well, but it's no where near as powerful. The rift doesn't seem to be effected by your skills, and pretty much acts as a 15 second unbuffed grav well I.

Haven't tried it with torp spread, but High Yield does act as a plasma torp. it's a slow moving, targetable, easily destroyed torp, that is guaranteed to pop a rift. When I say easily destroyable, I mean watch a Voth Cruiser pop a Tyken's Rift on top of it, and on it's first tick the big torp is dead. Best to fire at very short range, just like the plasma torp.
Commander
# 40
10-26-2013, 07:12 AM
Gravimetric Photon Torpedo Launcher Mk XII:
90' targeting arc
3081.3 dmg (362.5 DPS)
Destroyes Voth Aceton Drones
33% chance: Upon detonation, creates a 1km radius Gravimetric Rift for 3 sec that deals Kinetic Damage to any who enter
+6% Critical Chance

Last edited by ikuruyo; 10-26-2013 at 07:39 AM.