Lt. Commander
I was planning to be a Borg Engineer but I find they can't be a Techie? That makes no sense. If not Techie, what would people recommend if I wanted to be a Borg Engineer? Or should Borg stick to Science/Tactical?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsloan View Post
I was planning to be a Borg Engineer but I find they can't be a Techie? That makes no sense. If not Techie, what would people recommend if I wanted to be a Borg Engineer? Or should Borg stick to Science/Tactical?
doesn't the borg have an inate skill similar to techie? having it a second time would then be "op" as the saying goes
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsloan View Post
Just because you cannot have the "Techie" trait does not mean you cannot play an Engineer. No if you choose to say that you "need it" to be an effective Engineer, then you will be disappointed sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Oh I know it isn't necessary but it just startled me from a story perspective. Just seemed odd that a cyborg wouldn't be able to be a techie. Startled me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Borg can't be a techie cause one of his abilities is the techie skill renamed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaelonZ View Post
Borgs can't be a techie in STO because they assimilated steve jobs's descendant and swapped to a mac OS. :O
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaelonZ View Post
I think most are wrong on all counts.

The Techie skill gives a +10 to Starship Engineering skills.

Borg do not get this.

However they do get 'Efficient' which Bolians/Aliens can also select.

Those who wish Efficient and Techie should play an Alien as they can have both. You could even be pale and scarred. The only thing you'd not have is some head attachment.