Lt. Commander
# 1 What the hell is going on
01-29-2010, 02:04 PM
I`ve been trying to get into this game since the headstart started.

First the log in server had an issue on STO, then Steam decided to throw a wobbly and have us Steam users download the entire game again.

Now I have finally downloaded the game, some 4 hours after "head start", when I click to start the game it says.. "This game is unavailable, please try another time".

WTF is going on?

Does anyone have the slightest idea why my game wont start?

I have pre order and lifetime - its all active on my account and I`am logging on with those correct details.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 02:22 PM
It is steam

Good for half life 2

Not good for sto

I pre orderd retail version, so mine works, but many steam users have your same complaint

Sorry no further help
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 02:31 PM
You can't launch through Steam, it sees the patched client and thinks it's corrupted files then wipes the install and starts downloading again. You have to find where steam stuck the game (Program Files -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> star trek online; if you used default settings) and use the Star Trek Online exe there.

If you tried to launch through Steam, you have no choice but to re-download, re-patch, then start using the direct exe (NOT Steam still, because it'll probably wipe it again).

Yay Steam.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Just download the regular installer, no reason to use the steam install. I dont like using that for MMOs since they tend to have launchers.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfugue
Just download the regular installer, no reason to use the steam install. I dont like using that for MMOs since they tend to have launchers.
I moved the files from the steam folder, put them somewhere else and tried playing like that.

It just hangs and wont connect. Just says connecting to the account server, then times out.

I have been tinkering with this since the "headstart" started. I`am really fed up now tbh.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfugue
Where do I download the regular installer
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Is everyone using ST.0.20100123a.5

Thats what steam ended up giving me, what I had to transfer to another file.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Yeah, Steam really took a dump on the parade route today. I won't do business with them again, this is unacceptable.

*fingers crossed this thing will work after the 10Gb DL*
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieScream View Post
Yeah, Steam really took a dump on the parade route today. I won't do business with them again, this is unacceptable.

*fingers crossed this thing will work after the 10Gb DL*
Me too, lost a customer here also. Must have spent hundreds if not thousands on games via Steam in the past.

Never again
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantojim View Post
Me too, lost a customer here also. Must have spent hundreds if not thousands on games via Steam in the past.

Never again
Ditto that!