Lt. Commander
# 11
01-29-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantojim View Post
Me too, lost a customer here also. Must have spent hundreds if not thousands on games via Steam in the past.

Never again
Not just STEAM, others having issues too who did NOT get it from steam.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Sstteeaaammmmm!!!
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean
Like who? i have direct2drive copy and i have no issues.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Me too, lost a customer here also. Must have spent hundreds if not thousands on games via Steam in the past.

Never again
So, let me get this straight...By your own statement you've bought a lot of stuff through steam, but this one game having an issue launching via Steam, is causing you to never go back? With all the deals that they have on games all the time and especially during the holidays that's just insane.

Simple explanation...Steam sees what you had before as a Beta client, so now that the game has launched, it's patching in what it sees as the full retail client. It considers it no different than a pre-order demo versus a full game (like L4D2).
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean
Wow, if people are having the Steam issues I have without ever having bought it from them - thats really bad indeed.

Go back to sleep
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramierez View Post
So, let me get this straight...By your own statement you've bought a lot of stuff through steam, but this one game having an issue launching via Steam, is causing you to never go back? With all the deals that they have on games all the time and especially during the holidays that's just insane.

Simple explanation...Steam sees what you had before as a Beta client, so now that the game has launched, it's patching in what it sees as the full retail client. It considers it no different than a pre-order demo versus a full game (like L4D2).
But mine is apparently just downloading the beta again. It still says beta in the games list, it's not half done yet though.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramierez View Post

Yep thats right, never again.

I`d rather pay more from a decent company.

Edit:- Most places are usually cheaper than Steam. Its just the download market for us lazy sods that cant be bothered to go to the store where they have a decent selling point. I`ll be going to the store in future.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Id make a thread about this on the Steam forums.

I have downloaded several games from Steam with no problems though over the years , i sympathise with you on this issue.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-29-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Is everyone using ST.0.20100123a.5

Thats what steam ended up giving me, what I had to transfer to another file.
should be .7
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-29-2010, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerIIC View Post
should be .7
If it wasnt so annoying it would be laughable. So steam hasnt even given me the right version after it redownloaded and repatched.

I`ve downloaded the regular version from STO site, I`am installing that now, see if that works.

By the way, its 13hrs 21 minutes since "headstart" started.

Still havent got to play it yet.