Lt. Commander
I purchased Star Trek Online through steam, and last night I made sure I topped off all of my download files so I would be set to play today.
However, when I go to steam, and launch the game, it opens the STO launcher and begins downloading a 10 Gig patch.
Does anyone know the resolution to this? I am now redownloading the game from steam to see if that resolves.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 03:14 PM
too late
steam has already removed your gamefiles, you have to download the game again... bad news: redownloaded files arent uptodate, and patching system doeasnt work... its time to say goodbye steam!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 03:17 PM
So I have noticed
I am redownloading it now, do you know how I can open the game when it finishes downloading so steam DOESNT delete all of my game files again?
Or will it just work the second time?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Got o the steam directory where steam has installed it (probably something like C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\star trek online) make a backup and start the game directly from the Star Trek Online executable there. Steam will otherwise just delete the files and download the client again.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 03:22 PM
This is something some Steam users are already aware of and I got this workaround from the Steam STO game forum:

You have to shut down Steam and go to your C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common file.
Copy your whole Star Trek Online folder from there to your C:/Program Files folder and you can take the launcher from there to create a shortcut to the desktop, launching it from there in the future.

I did that and it is now patching the huge patch instead of through Steam.