Lt. Commander
# 1 Project Navras
01-29-2010, 03:05 PM
In 2367, a man named Paul Navras captained the U.S.S. Saratoga into an engagement with thirty-nine other Federation Starships and one Borg cube. Thinking strategically, Captain Navras sent a squadron of five experimentally-equipped Runabout shuttles ahead, as one final last resort against the Collective, should the Starfleet armada fail. Despite their best efforts, the armada fell in battle against the Borg, resulting in the destruction of 39 ships and the death or assimilation of 11,000 men, women, and children. Because of the efforts of the Enterprise, the squadron of Runabout shuttles never saw battle.

Fourty-three years have passed since the Battle of Wolf 359, but the United Federation of Planets faces more threats than it ever has: the Borg Collective continues to invade Federation space, the Klingon Peace Treaty has dissolved, the Undine have made continuous attempts to infiltrate Starfleet, and the Romulans have only become more aggressive since the destruction of Romulus.

Project Navras was developed as an experimental sub-division within Starfleet, to pave the road for a Starfleet that can face any situation or danger that may face the Federation. If you think you’re prepared to face the unknown, then you should consider joining our ranks.

--

Information: We’re an extremely well-organized group that makes every attempt to promote a true Starfleet experience for our members. We have regulations and rules, but we’re also laid back and relaxed—we take the game seriously, but not so serious that we can’t sit back and tell a dirty joke from time to time.

We have mission teams going most of the time, along with regular PvP events, PvE events, and RP events for each of our members. We have a full calendar system that even marks and notifies us of alien holidays, so if you’re Vulcan and want to roleplay your participation in the annual Kal Rekk, you’ll know exactly when it is and how it is celebrated. We have weekly raids, and a Teamspeak 3 server for all of our members to communicate via voice chat. There are fleet-wide Divisions/Brigades/Ranks for members to work their way through, and special Awards/Medals/Commendations for our members to earn.

If you’re interested, or just looking for more information, it all starts right here.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2010, 04:10 PM
On April 5th, Project Navras will be hosting its first public event in celebration of First Contact Day. The public is invited to join us on Earth Spacedock's Club 47 for drinks and dancing, where a live radio stream will be playing music, and the fleet will be holding trivia contests and giving away prizes.

First Contact Day is a celebration of the anniversary of April 5th, 2063, when Zefram Cochrane's test flight of the warp ship Phoenix resulted in Earth making First Contact with its first alien species, the Vulcans.

For more details on this event, please take a look at the event flier, or contact me personally. I look forward to seeing you all there!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2010, 05:57 AM
Just a few updates regarding the fleet that I would like to share with the masses:
  • Fleet website and forums are now online.
  • Facebook/Twitter/Steam/Xfire Groups allow members instant notifications of fleet news.
  • Currently home to 43 Federation Starships.
  • Weekly RP/PvP/Leveling/PvE Events have been enacted.
  • 2010 Fleet Calendar has been detailed and released.
  • 7 of the 8 Fleet Bank Tabs have been unlocked for our members.
  • 1/4th of our fleet has reached the rank of Rear Admiral.
  • Ventrilo voice-chat server is online and fully-functional.
  • Fleet Patches have been made available to fleet members only.
  • A number of Public Events have been detailed throughout the year, to be hosted by Project Navras.
  • Regular contests being held within the fleet, awarding Type-8 Shuttlecrafts from Del Taco, Game Time, and Cryptic Points to winning members.

There has never been a better time to submit your application.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2010, 05:43 AM
Just wanted to take a moment and share our first Fleet Recruitment Video, courtesy of Captain Ilea.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-25-2010, 09:37 PM
There's never been a better time to join. We're looking forward to hearing from you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-28-2010, 01:58 AM
This looks like *EXACTLY* the type of fleet I've been wanting to join since I started playing a few weeks ago.

I've been following Star Trek since I was about 7 years old (33 now), and I believe this is the franchise that has deserved to become an MMO for a long time.

However, as much as I'm enjoying the game, I have to admit that seeing ships with "silly" names frustrates me, because I'm not an "overboard Trekkie", but I do respect the franchise enough to get almost annoyed when I see "Captain Crunch of the U.S.S. Bowlofmilk" (to steal a phrase from Scott Kurtz).

I'd love to find like-minded gamers who are willing to balance "having fun" with "respecting Roddenberry's life work".

Also, hey, if you're a Texan and you're the one in charge, I'm sure we'd get along just fine

Commander Miah J. Sanford
U.S.S. Rijeka NX-95015-A

sanford@sanford42
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanford42
This looks like *EXACTLY* the type of fleet I've been wanting to join since I started playing a few weeks ago.

I've been following Star Trek since I was about 7 years old (33 now), and I believe this is the franchise that has deserved to become an MMO for a long time.

However, as much as I'm enjoying the game, I have to admit that seeing ships with "silly" names frustrates me, because I'm not an "overboard Trekkie", but I do respect the franchise enough to get almost annoyed when I see "Captain Crunch of the U.S.S. Bowlofmilk" (to steal a phrase from Scott Kurtz).

I'd love to find like-minded gamers who are willing to balance "having fun" with "respecting Roddenberry's life work".

Also, hey, if you're a Texan and you're the one in charge, I'm sure we'd get along just fine

Commander Miah J. Sanford
U.S.S. Rijeka NX-95015-A

sanford@sanford42
Haha, I thought I was the only one who facepalmed every time I saw someone with a horrible character or ship name. I should probably go ahead and let everyone know that we've just upgraded to a full Teamspeak3 server, courtesy of our fleet member ExternalError.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-28-2010, 10:20 PM
So how exactly do I go about applying for membership? Can you send me either a PM here or an in-game message about membership?

Thanks!

Sanford
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-30-2010, 05:21 PM
I would like to take a moment and thank everyone for checking out our fleet website and forums, and congratulate Jayce, Shawn, Quin'Tari, Travis, AJ Rimmer, Culver, Sanstrom, Vachee, Willis, D-1, Sanford, and Lebari on being the newest members of Project Navras. We're thrilled to have you with us, and look forward to a long and exciting future together.

I would also like to announce, on a related note, that Project Navras has officially broken the threshold and now has 60+ ships within the fleet. We say keep 'em coming!
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-31-2010, 02:10 AM
Your fleet looks very interesting to me and I have reviewed your MAPP document. As I find no objections to said document I will submit a Membership document through the proper channels.