Lt. Commander
So like everyone else I had everything downloaded from steam and was playing today then left to run errands. I read steam is makng eveyrone re download the retail game but it is just re downloading STO Beta.

In my Steam games list it says Star Trek Online Beta. WTH is steam making me re download beta?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Why not ask Steam itself? that's your best chance. You should make them aware of this issue.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMove View Post
So like everyone else I had everything downloaded from steam and was playing today then left to run errands. I read steam is makng eveyrone re download the retail game but it is just re downloading STO Beta.

In my Steam games list it says Star Trek Online Beta. WTH is steam making me re download beta?
Hmm. Let me think on it.

1) Because your really special and they like you?
2) Because Steam messed up?

Take your pick.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraigUK View Post
Hmm. Let me think on it.

1) Because your really special and they like you?
2) Because Steam messed up?

Take your pick.
I want both!

Can I still be special if steam messed up?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Why not just update straight from Cryptic?

Is that not an option with steam or something?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Shouldnt I be downloading Star Trek Online and not beta all over again? Isnt this the reason it removed it and started over to begin with?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm glad there aren't already 50 million posts about this. Thanks for making another one. It's not like I come to the forums to actually read new, interesting discussions.
Lt. Commander
# 8
Quote:
Shouldnt I be downloading Star Trek Online and not beat all over again? Isnt this the reason it removed it and started over to ebgin with?
It should have just patched your beta client.
Lt. Commander
# 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorac
Why not just update straight from Cryptic?

Is that not an option with steam or something?
Yes it is, but Steam downloaded the entire game a second time, not just an update or patch. Downloading the game files themselves is only available through Steam.

Edit: the above only applies IF you ordered through Steam. Stating the obvious here, I know, just trying to avoid confusion.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:

Because Cryptic released a patch Steam does not like other things updating its stuff and guessed that the data was damaged thus wiping it all for the greater good or something

and is now giving you the proper version without the patch what caused this.