Lt. Commander
# 11
01-29-2010, 02:31 PM
I have all the files there.. on my hard drive.. Physical size was almost 8 gigs.. the client I used for open beta.. I can still browse the folder.. check the allocation.. its all there.. Why exactly is the launcher downloading the entire client again? Meh lol.. I wish someone from Cryptic would comment.. say something.. let us know this was to be expected without warning.. etc.. 18.4% now! lol Looks like redundancy at its finest!
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Im sorry to flood the forums, but this is a big issue for me and many others and blame crapy Cryptic for all these posts since they are to blame for it.

No reason I want to sit and wait for my STO to download then delete its self then re download and repeat this awful process.

This is a nightmare. The only reason I bought it from steam is because I trusted them the most.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMove View Post
Im sorry to flood the forums, but this is a big issue for me and many others and blame crapy Cryptic for all these posts since they are to blame for it.

No reason I want to sit and wait for my STO to download then delete its self then re download and repeat this awful process.

This is a nightmare. The only reason I bought it from steam is because I trusted them the most.
Lol how is Cryptic is to be blamed for it? i have direct2drive digital edition and i patched my client fine. Problem is with STEAM and not Cryptic. If it was Cryptic's fault i would be forced to download 8 gb all over again.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
Why not ask Steam itself? that's your best chance. You should make them aware of this issue.
I don't think steam has a phone number, you have to fill out a ticket which takes 24-48 hrs. So its useless or I would be on th ephone *****ing about it asap.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strombonni
I'm glad there aren't already 50 million posts about this. Thanks for making another one. It's not like I come to the forums to actually read new, interesting discussions.
I see your posts all over the place and your always trying to be a forum cop
If ya don't want to read it don't click on it. DUH! You, move on.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-29-2010, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johenric View Post
I see your posts all over the place and your always trying to be a forum cop
If ya don't want to read it don't click on it. DUH! You, move on.
Theres like 3 topics about this problem and steam lol. Its probly one of the biggest problems with the game right now so just be thankful your not dealing with it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-29-2010, 02:53 PM
so is this happening to everyone who tries to launch STO from Steam or are we just like you said, "Special." and is there a way to avoid it?