Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 12:31 PM
This looks to be a good thing. It was rather silly and pointless when I first encountered it and everyone was just sitting, waiting for it to show up, there were a few flashes of light and then it exploded.

Glad to see that it got a boost.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Anyone try an intermittent graviton pulse?
Maybe we can talk to it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 12:41 PM
In OB it was far to easy to kill. But the loot was very rewarding
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 12:49 PM
There may have been 20-30 ships but I bet they were all T1 ships.

The spawn camping problem can be simply solved by making it invulnerable to any damage for 5-10 seconds after it initially spawns. I think the same should apply to most mobs that are being mine camped.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 12:52 PM
We killed it last night with a bunch of Miranda, ShiKar and Centaurs. It took about twenty of us and a little strategy but we took it down. Half the group focused on killing/distracting the shards while the other maxed out weapons and concentrated fire on the entity.

It did suck however. At one point we had it down to 2% just to have it wipe out half the fleet and be back to 65% within seconds. Total time took us about 45 minutes to get it right and bring it down.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 12:54 PM
It can be won with some strategy and hard work. I was a Lt. 6 with a few similar in the instance. It took us forever, but it finally was destroyed. Quite fun.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripshredder View Post
I've just got owned big time by the Crystaline entity, i think we must've been around 20-30 ships that got our rear ends handed to us by this thing.

It actually started spawncamping on us insta-killing us all upon respawning.

I dont have time for screenies right now but they will follow later.

This was insane, and on top of all, it started healing it self from 18% hull to 36% hull in less than 1 minute !?
I have seen it done, but it takes some coordination. The shards it releases do one of two things.. kick your ass, or heal the entity, so you need to have people on them. I will however take more than a bunch of starter tier1 miranda ships with mk1 weaponry.

When you meet a big beast, chat to Ops, they give tips
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 01:04 PM
I did it today with like 15 lvl 4-9 ships. We survived by putting our ships on Engines mode and outrunning the entity's big shards (they go at the same "max" speed). At the same time target weapons available to him.
You will die if people target the shards from the spawn site.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 01:05 PM
Well about Mirandas in T2 fleet actions:

Those who dare taking on giants rarely live to tell the tale...
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganUK View Post
I have seen it done, but it takes some coordination. The shards it releases do one of two things.. kick your ass, or heal the entity, so you need to have people on them. I will however take more than a bunch of starter tier1 miranda ships with mk1 weaponry.

When you meet a big beast, chat to Ops, they give tips
The big shards kick your ass, to explode and create 3 small shards that then try to get back to the entitiy and heal it for about 1% per small shard.
Throw a bunch of greedy player into a pot, all horribly underleveled with the only goal to do more damage than the next guy and tactics is down the tribble can.
Even if you manage to avoid shards and shoot either the small shards to prevent from healing or do very good damage to the entity, the sheer amount of people healing the entity makes it plain unkillable.

It's hilarious, will come back later.