Lt. Commander
# 31
01-30-2010, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clstreak View Post
This might help they Removed the recipes in Open Beta OFF the exchange.. probbly becuse they gave up on crafting who knows.. they moved the crafting/upgrade chick Back to Memory Alpha that is confirmed by doing the quest again just like in closed beta before the opening of OPEN beta.. Hope that helps the fate of crafting in this game is well? dont know.. think Augra from "The Dark Crystal" "Don't Know!"
Yeah they removed the recipes off the exchange in OB. The system in place now is more of a faction merchant kind of thing from what I can tell. I havent messed with it much, but it appears as you upgrade more items more merchants open up with higher level upgrades.
Lt. Commander
# 32 Oh God Nooooooz Plz
01-30-2010, 12:22 PM
I think no crafting is a GOOOOOOOD thing. Plz don't get them to start it. I say vote for NO CRAFTING!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-30-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxCarnage
I think no crafting is a GOOOOOOOD thing. Plz don't get them to start it. I say vote for NO CRAFTING!!!!
So then stay away from the crafting areas then? I for one am in favour of real crafting in this game.....and not the recipe stuff that only gets you what is listed BUT variable stats that are randomly generated in order to produce REAL unique items. Items that when you add better res's you have a better chance of getting a better stat.

not sure if I already said this......?
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxCarnage
Heck, don't like it? Don't do it. It's not like it is mandatory.

At least I hope it's not mandatory, crafting can be pretty tedious stuff - but there are definitely those out there who enjoy it big time.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-30-2010, 01:29 PM
THERE IS CRAFTING....You collect ITEMS....you then use said items TO MAKE or UPGRADE other ITEMS....wtf else is crafting suposed to be?

you wanna collect targ pelts? with a skinning skill? so you can make new boots?

I dont understand why people say theres no crafting, its exactly the same as other mmo's they just cut out the need for recipees and dont make you watch your charcter banging a hammer agaisnt the same item for 20min.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-30-2010, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassidus View Post
THERE IS CRAFTING....You collect ITEMS....you then use said items TO MAKE or UPGRADE other ITEMS....wtf else is crafting suposed to be?

you wanna collect targ pelts? with a skinning skill? so you can make new boots?

I dont understand why people say theres no crafting, its exactly the same as other mmo's they just cut out the need for recipees and dont make you watch your charcter banging a hammer agaisnt the same item for 20min.
Im gonna quote myself here just cause i wanna see someone explain to me what crafting is?
Crafting in MMO: is.
"The gathering of resources used to make new items , upgrades or customize, existing items"

If you have any other answer even though you would be wrong id love to hear it.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-30-2010, 03:16 PM
Thats what i thought!.

STO Crafting 4tw